Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twins Ink Mauer

Re: Twins Ink Mauer

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Glad to see Mauer staying put in Minneapolis. The Yankees and Red Sox can't buy EVERYBODY!

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    Well said Davey. I think for a small market team the Twins look pretty solid. While the Yanks have the ability to buy whatever they want to an extent; it is that mentality which I hate to present to my 13 year old son...but a harsh reality.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Wow bob calm down.I certainly did not mean "you" to take this personal.And i said i am tired of people saying that garbage and tired of hearing this garbage.When did i say your opinion is crap.I was making a general statement and i still hold true to that.As it is stubid and garbage to think that the yankees would want or even need every free agent that hits the market.Especially the "wonderboy".Who is only worth the contract he signed to the twins and the people in minnesota.He would not have got that in the open market.And i can almost guarentee that yankees would not have even entered into the bidding on him.Like i said they don't need him.I am sorry maybe i voiced it too strong.As this is the new and friendlier game used forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Tell us how ya feel Joba... Don't hold back... Sorry you are tired of my opinion you view as "crap." I'm entitled to it, as are you...

Bob seriously your yankees hate is load and clear my friend.Yeah the yankees are the only team that have players with big contracts.And they buy thier championships and blah,blah,blah......All of those that think this way really need to build and bridge and get over it.Sorry bob i like you and it pains me to say these things but come on.And i am sorry they just paid 185 million to one player.Its time to stop calling the twins a small market team.If they were really small they would not be able to afford it.The twins will never win a ring with the "wonderboy" so that money is well invested i guess.I mean tell me how many rings do they have with him so far?.And getting that money is going to what,make him better and the twins better.He is at the peak of his career right now.And what have the twins done.They have been 3 and done in the postseason.And what team has beaten them.Thats right the team that buys thier wins.Amnd last season he has a great season and where did that get the twins.That right that got them another 3 and done by who--thats right the evil empire.And also last year they were 0-11 vs the dreadful yankees.Yeah he sure makes the team win.So again tell me why would they want him.Why buy a loser when you have a team of winners.Sorry but they did win the world series last year.Thats right they bought it.And the red sux's won thiers.
    Well said Davey. I think for a small market team the Twins look pretty solid. While the Yanks have the ability to buy whatever they want to an extent; it is that mentality which I hate to present to my 13 year old son...but a harsh reality.

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    Bob seriously your yankees hate is load and clear my friend.Yeah the yankees are the only team that have players with big contracts.And they buy thier championships and blah,blah,blah......All of those that think this way really need to build and bridge and get over it.Sorry bob i like you and it pains me to say these things but come on.And i am sorry they just paid 185 million to one player.Its time to stop calling the twins a small market team.If they were really small they would not be able to afford it.The twins will never win a ring with the "wonderboy" so that money is well invested i guess.I mean tell me how many rings do they have with him so far?.And getting that money is going to what,make him better and the twins better.He is at the peak of his career right now.And what have the twins done.They have been 3 and done in the postseason.And what team has beaten them.Thats right the team that buys thier wins.Amnd last season he has a great season and where did that get the twins.That right that got them another 3 and done by who--thats right the evil empire.And also last year they were 0-11 vs the dreadful yankees.Yeah he sure makes the team win.So again tell me why would they want him.Why buy a loser when you have a team of winners.Sorry but they did win the world series last year.Thats right they bought it.And the red sux's won thiers.
    I agree with you in that the Twins are no more likely to win with Mauer now than they were previously... I am not a fan of overpaying one player, much the way the Tigers just unloaded several great players and then gave Verlander what, $80 MM? We have not won with him, what makes anyone think that removing key players and then overpaying one pitcher will produce a winner?? Understood...

I still look at MN, Mil, Det, Clev as small market teams. Detroit shed dollars this winter, Cleveland last summer for example. If they were big market like NY then they could have kept all the top tier players and went out and bought more. Sorry, I disagree with you big time Joba, and that's ok. You're entitled to your opinion and I mine. My biggest gripe is small market's inability to compete. I'm sure I'll get all the Yankee fans out to hang me, etc. It's like the mom and pop stores trying to survive when the big chain stores move in. Will I buy from Joe's Hardware if I can go to Home Depot and save alot of $$?

Just my 2 cents... We are all entitled to it...
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

I guess the problem i have with your statement is that you single out just the yankees.That they are the only team that pays big money contracts and get the free agents.I mean i am pretty sure the red suxs have some big time contract players.And also by the way its the big market teams like the yankees that give the small market teams like the twins enough money of thiers to give to them.I mean let the teams keep "all" the money they bring in and than you can say that.But with market sharing it gives the twins enough money to sign players like "boywonder" and build a new stadium with money that teams like the yankees made.So all you yankee haters can thank them for building your new stadium in minnesota.And i never said you were not entitled to your opinion.You are but you are just wrong about it-just kidding my friend-
    I agree with you in that the Twins are no more likely to win with Mauer now than they were previously... I am not a fan of overpaying one player, much the way the Tigers just unloaded several great players and then gave Verlander what, $80 MM? We have not won with him, what makes anyone think that removing key players and then overpaying one pitcher will produce a winner?? Understood...

I still look at MN, Mil, Det, Clev as small market teams. Detroit shed dollars this winter, Cleveland last summer for example. If they were big market like NY then they could have kept all the top tier players and went out and bought more. Sorry, I disagree with you big time Joba, and that's ok. You're entitled to your opinion and I mine. My biggest gripe is small market's inability to compete. I'm sure I'll get all the Yankee fans out to hang me, etc. It's like the mom and pop stores trying to survive when the big chain stores move in. Will I buy from Joe's Hardware if I can go to Home Depot and save alot of $$?

Just my 2 cents... We are all entitled to it...

Enough with the "wonderboy" crap. It's not funny.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    I agree, enough with the Wonderboy stuff... Mauer wasn't MVP AND batting title champ, missing early season not-withstanding, for nothing. As much as Joba can dance on the soapbox about my "Yankee hating," it is apparent he has a clear problem with Joe Mauer and makes it know EVERY time he speaks... I do believe one would call that "speaking out of both sides," or a hipocrite...

As many issues as I've had the past 2 years, the last thing I'm going to do is worry about every word I say here. It's ridiculous. I'll have no more of it...
    ROBERT KOPPEL

It's not ment to be funny.That's what they called him his rookie season.Why would you take offense to that.Is that a insult to call him that? And by the way sorry but it's funny to me.So that's why i keep calling him that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post