Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twins Ink Mauer

Twins Ink Mauer

Twins ink Mauer to an 8 year 184 Million deal. Full no trade clause...Sorry Yankees...
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Re: Twins Ink Mauer

It's amazing that the twins paid that much.As the "wonderboy" needed to stay a twin as much as they needed him to stay a twin.And the twins could have kept him for half of that.To me thats way too much to invest in any player.And i know you were joking.But i am trired of people saying things like this "sorry yankees".What makes people think they would even want him.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomecollector View Post
    Twins ink Mauer to an 8 year 184 Million deal. Full no trade clause...Sorry Yankees...

Quote Originally Posted by thomecollector View Post
    That blows me away. An average of $23 million a year probably just sent Albert Pujols to the store for an expensive bottle of champagne!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

very happy for the twins and their fans. it is a great day for baseball. if mauer left the twins they would be crippled and the yanks, sox or phils would have added another big ticket free agent. it is great to have the stars spread throughout the game for the fans to enjoy them.

Hope Mauer is happy with the money because he's never going to win a ring.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Hope Mauer is happy with the money because he's never going to win a ring.
    who knows if he will. did giambi ever think he would not win a ring when he signed with the yanks? not saying giambi is in mauer's league because he is not but he was a mega dollar signing and he won zero rings during his long tenure with the yankees. when pudge rodriguez signed with the marlins did anyone including himself dream that it would lead to a ring? the yanks, phils and red sox may collect stars but none of them are locks to win anything. most of the yanks most important players i.e. jeter, mariano, posada, petitite and arod are well into their 30s and could break down at any moment. if riveria goes down the yanks will be crippled. the red sox have serious questions on offense and victor martinez, beckett and papelbon may not be back next year. the phils have serious pitching questions after hallday and like the yanks older players.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    That blows me away. An average of $23 million a year probably just sent Albert Pujols to the store for an expensive bottle of champagne!
    NO kidding!

I thought MLB had it figured out, but this contract seems more about developing the Twins "brand" than just trying to retain a truly great player. I honestly thought these kind of pay-days were behind us. How wrong we can be.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by entitled_nitwits View Post
    NO kidding!

I thought MLB had it figured out, but this contract seems more about developing the Twins "brand" than just trying to retain a truly great player. I honestly thought these kind of pay-days were behind us. How wrong we can be.
    how many players does this really affect? mauer is a three time batting champ, gold glove, mvp catcher who is 26 years old. he also plays in his home area and has a spotless rep. and he is starting to develop power. no other catcher right now is within a mile of him. he is easily one of the top three players in the game. of the others in that group arod has a high dollar long term deal already and pujols is getting 25 million regardless of what anyone else gets. the matt holliday contract is much more alarming considering the lack of other suitors. the big revenue teams were not even interested in him and the cards bid against themselves for him.

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Cards better go to the bank and make arrangements to sign Albert to similar bucks; or when his time comes off he goes - to the Yankees.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    how many players does this really affect? mauer is a three time batting champ, gold glove, mvp catcher who is 26 years old. he also plays in his home area and has a spotless rep. and he is starting to develop power. no other catcher right now is within a mile of him. he is easily one of the top three players in the game. of the others in that group arod has a high dollar long term deal already and pujols is getting 25 million regardless of what anyone else gets. the matt holliday contract is much more alarming considering the lack of other suitors. the big revenue teams were not even interested in him and the cards bid against themselves for him.
    Very true on his biography but still would have thought that he would end up at around $18 million a year.

Based on Joe's 2009 at-bats and projecting his new salary, Joe will make just under $44,000 per at bat and $142,000 per game!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500