Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarinersFan34
    • Jan 2009

Re: Selling disappointments

While I did mention a reserve, I will say that it does scare off bidders. I tend to try and stay away from them but I brought it up since it is a valid option.

I think the one key thing here that really hurt you was the ending time of the auction. As a bidder, I love late night auctions as I'm usually still up at that time and most of the competition has gone to bed. As a seller though, that kills your sale prices. Most of my sales when I do sell on there, the buyers are from the mainland USA, so I always consider the 3 hour time gap when putting up auctions since I'm on the west coast.
    Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Comment

• JasonBanz
      • Oct 2008

My problem is that I work the 4-12 shift, so I am normally up pretty late. So mostly my best time is late in the evening. Guess I'll just have to wait for a night off next time!

Comment

• karamaxjoe
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by JasonBanz
        My problem is that I work the 4-12 shift, so I am normally up pretty late. So mostly my best time is late in the evening. Guess I'll just have to wait for a night off next time!
        Jason,

With ebay you can schedule a specific time for your autions to end. I believe it only cost a dime per auction.
        Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
        ~ Bill Veeck

sigpic

Comment

• neverfinished94
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by karamaxjoe
          Jason,

With ebay you can schedule a specific time for your autions to end. I believe it only cost a dime per auction.
          I always do this because I like my auctions to end Sunday night at 9 PM eastern.
          looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller

Comment

• legaleagle92481
            Banned
            • Oct 2009

another thing with ebay and this tip came from a veteran powerseller who saw one of my auctions lacked this. post multiple pics of the item from different angles and the coa if any. they charge you for more than one pic which sucks but i can see that influencing someone's decision especially with gu items. yeah they could just message you for more pics but people can be lazy so it is better to just post them.

Comment

• skinsfan0521
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
              another thing with ebay and this tip came from a veteran powerseller who saw one of my auctions lacked this. post multiple pics of the item from different angles and the coa if any. they charge you for more than one pic which sucks but i can see that influencing someone's decision especially with gu items. yeah they could just message you for more pics but people can be lazy so it is better to just post them.
              The good news is that eBay recently changed their policy on this and now when you list an item in one of the "collectibles" categories, they let you list multiple (not sure if there is a limit) for free.

Plus, as for the ending time... it's DEFINITELY a big factor in the selling price. I always use the scheduled listing time feature. It does only cost .10 per auction, so it is worth it in my opinion.

Comment

Working...