Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Steiner admits there are many "fake" Steiner products

Steiner has admitted to me that they are aware that there are many fake Steiner products out there and recommends that collectors avoid purchasing "Steiner" products off Ebay. They stated that they recommend collector's buy directly from them. I just figured I would post this in response to the discussions on here about this topic. If I were a direct dealer I would be extremely pissed off at them.

Re: Steiner admits there are many "fake" Steiner products

you mean Brandon directly said this or one of his gremlin reps? and what kind of fake products, did they mean autographed items, game worn/issued related?

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    They stated that they recommend collector's buy directly from them.
    does anyone else feel that they are actually thrilled about there being "fake" Steiner knockoffs out on Ebay, then suggest you buy directly from them where you are at their mercy at paying full price?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    you mean Brandon directly said this or one of his gremlin reps? and what kind of fake products, did they mean autographed items, game worn/issued related?
    One of the gremlins and he was talking about everything. I specfically brought up to him the Phil Hughes signed baseball that morphed into a Obama-Jordan "signed" baseball that was discussed on here last month and the star Yankee GI jerseys without loas.

Banned

does anyone else feel that they are actually thrilled about there being "fake" Steiner knockoffs out on Ebay, then suggest you buy directly from them where you are at their mercy at paying full price?
    Oh I know they are because he also said that if you buy from us you will pay a couple of bucks more but at least you know it is real. So basicially they are saying Steiner products are worthless unless you buy them directly from Steiner. So that basicially screws even those collectors looking to resell products that they bought from Steiner at retail and those direct dealers who invested in wholesale inventory and depend on the sale thereof for part of their livelihood.

so say I go to one of the official clubhouse shops for one of the teams they partnership with, say the New York Yankees and one of their stores over at Times Square in New York City. They sell autographed Steiner authenticated photographs, am I not to buy from them now since it's not directly from Steiner?

Banned

so say I go to one of the official clubhouse shops for one of the teams they partnership with, say the New York Yankees and one of their stores over at Times Square in New York City. They sell autographed Steiner authenticated photographs, am I not to buy from them now since it's not directly from Steiner?

That is buying directly from Steiner

What i dont understand is buying a steiner item that is game used or issued comes with a hologram, a letter, and a numbered hologram matched on item and on letter. If your buying off ebay you should see all those items. I can see just on autos it being a little easier to fake but they should have the credit card coa and hologram. i think as long as you do your research your ok buying alternative. Its best if it comes directly from steiner but what about items they dont have anymore like older player that they sold all there game used years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    That is buying directly from Steiner
    why so, shouldn't a team clubhouse shop also be considered as a third party dealer? now if I purchased one of these from Steiner's store in Roosevelt Mall or Last Licks, I'd consider that as being directly from Steiner.

Guys, if you follow GUU and the market, you should realize by now that the folks at Steiner are not the brightest bulbs in the shed. If they are spreading the word that the Steiner items on the secondary market (e.g., eBay) are fake, then this will ultimately DECREASE Steiner's sales. Why the heck would you want to pay Steiner's insanely high prices when you know that you won't be able to sell your Steiner on the secondary market if and when you tire of them or need to sell them to raise money for something? It's laughable. A real think tank they they have over there. We need to get their top sales rep "Jigga-Man" back on here to explain their business model! (GUU vets will enjoy this reference)
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.