Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Jersey Signatures

Over the 30 years I've been collecting, it has been my practice to get jerseys signed in black or blue sharpie on the front or back of a jersey. I know today it has become more prevelant to get the jersey signed on the back number....

Was wondering, aside from personal preference, what everybody thought and any different markers that should be used?
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Re: Jersey Signatures

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Was wondering, aside from personal preference, what everybody thought and any different markers that should be used?
    How about a marker that actually works well? I have a really nice game used jersey that I got signed on the back number. Used a silver Sharpie (because i was a rookie and didnt know any better) and now you can barely see it.

But I think that silver or black permanent markers look good depending on the color of the number. I've seen people use blue or red ink that doesnt look so well.
    Always buying David Justice items

I will ONLY use paint pen. I only use DECO paint pens. I have used sharpies, and they tend to bleed too much for me.

I just got this done 2 days ago at spring training....its Silver Deco Fine Tip Paint Pen...and its done on standard number material

I got this one done at my last trip a few weeks ago.....Black Deco Fine Tip Pain Pen.....these BP/Spring Training numbers are like felt, so they are fuzzy

i agree. i'm hooked on paint pens as well. they definitely seem to hold up a lot better than sharpies (especially silver sharpies).
    looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller