Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Need Help Finding An Ebay Member???

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    So I take it there is no way to decode the encrypted userids.

Sportscentury not that it is an exact science. But I do believe as BoneRubbed mentioned that they pull 2 letters or maybe a letter and a number from your actual ebay name and make it as as the ebay private name.

Glad to help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.

Yes, the letters/numbers at the beginning and end of the hidden ID are both random characters from their actual user ID.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Sportscentury not that it is an exact science. But I do believe as BoneRubbed mentioned that they pull 2 letters or maybe a letter and a number from your actual ebay name and make it as as the ebay private name.
    Yes, of course. I thought everyone already knew this. Based on your original post, I thought you were saying that some individuals had a way to decode encrypted ebay userids.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Yes, of course. I thought everyone already knew this. Based on your original post, I thought you were saying that some individuals had a way to decode encrypted ebay userids.

Sportscentury well I did not know this for one. Also I thought someone had mentioned in the past that there was a way.

That is why I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Sportscentury well I did not know this for one. Also I thought someone had mentioned in the past that there was a way.

That is why I asked.
    No problem. It's a very odd system they have. eBay gives you enough information to figure out some folk's encrypted userids, but not others. But then again, I understand little about eBay's business judgment and decision-making.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

One thing I picked up on the whole encrypted user ID system...

Although ebay states that they randomly take 2 characters out of the ebay ID and then adds the *** to the middle, what they don't tell you is that sometimes the 2 characters are the same.

Hence, a user by the name of "SUAVE" might appear as follows:

U***E

OR

U***U
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    One thing I picked up on the whole encrypted user ID system...

Although ebay states that they randomly take 2 characters out of the ebay ID and then adds the *** to the middle, what they don't tell you is that sometimes the 2 characters are the same.

Hence, a user by the name of "SUAVE" might appear as follows:

U***E

OR

U***U
    Are you sure? I had never noticed this.

Are you sure? I had never noticed this.
    100% positive. Here is an example, from a recent sale of mine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160395709653

If you go to the bid history, you will see the high bidder is listed as "m***m"

The high bidder; however, only has 1 "m" in their ebay ID.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    100% positive. Here is an example, from a recent sale of mine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160395709653

If you go to the bid history, you will see the high bidder is listed as "m***m"

The high bidder; however, only has 1 "m" in their ebay ID.
    The link did not come up for me, but I'll take your word for it. Very strange. Thanks for the information.