Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: HELP; Anyone dispute an auction house over item cannot photomatch?

Nah, no match. On the left shoulder where the vertical stripes meet the horizontal stripe, the distance is not the same (jersey vs. photo).

Alot of those distances look different when a jersey is hung, lying flat or even being worn (it's been shown multiple times on this board on photo match shots)... also, the odds that the pinstripes (counting from the right of the buttons) is 10 stripes to where the front stripe connects to a sleeve stripe is highly unlikely to happen twice itself...

Do you know the odds are of two NY interlocking logs matching to the pinstripes on the jersey front? HIGHLY unlikely.

Again, MY Opinion... we'll see what others say...

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick002 View Post
    Nah, no match. On the left shoulder where the vertical stripes meet the horizontal stripe, the distance is not the same (jersey vs. photo).
    I agrre! Corbis has some images from the 7th. Its the same jersey as the front logo lines up almost perfectly, but the underarm seam is off.

I don't know, looking at the 1 on the sleeve, in one pic it looks like it's situated right between the pinstripes, the other it looks like it's right on top of a pinstripe.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Chris, thanks a lot for your time and help!

I should have stated already that I did look at the post-season games with the Indians too. Oops! The funny thing is that at my first couple looks, I thought it was a match too. Just about all the points on the front match to photos and the back too.
    But the one, teenie, tiny problem is with the back. The pinstripes look like they match 100% to my jersey. However, the MLB logo at the base of the neck is totally off, like not even close. It's weird that the jersey can be almost perfect on all the front/back pinstripes, but off on the MLB logo. Hmmm...

Here's pics I just gathered from different places showing more off game photos of the front and then the back, along with my jersey's back. You'll see the difference.

Don't know if anyone can blow the pic below up, but it's the best size I could get!

Here's the back of my jersey:

Getty's:

http://www.corbisimages.com/Enlargem...&caller=search

The Corbis image in the link is from ST 2007... and it looks like the same jersey (logo placement and button placard is on spot...

The image you showed of the back doesn't match on the 2 or the MLB tag... looking for a pic with the stripe through the ball of the 'swingman' logo...

I'm pretty certain it's the real deal... but I'd love to see a flat pic of the sleeve patch still... found a couple of good side pics... still can't find a good back photo...

Again, the odds of the NY Logo matching that many spots AND the other issue I pointed out - the connecting front and sleeve pinstripes (both 10 stripes from the button placard) are too coincidental to ignore (IMHO).

All the best -

Chris

P.S. In the Corbis photo, you can see quite well how the one stripe down the right side center of the NY matches as well to your jersey... it's virtually in the seam of the down line of the Y above the N and just peeking out below the N where the Y arches on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    I should have stated already that I did look at the post-season games with the Indians too. Oops! The funny thing is that at my first couple looks, I thought it was a match too. Just about all the points on the front match to photos and the back too.
    But the one, teenie, tiny problem is with the back.
    You are of course making the assumption that Derek Jeter wore the jersey in question for the entire game. Is it at all possible that he changed jerseys at any time during the game and that the back photo you are seeing is a different jersey altogether? You have to figure that something like this is possible, especially since his jerseys command a ridiculous sum of money.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Chris, thanks a lot for your time and help!

But the one, teenie, tiny problem is with the back. The pinstripes look like they match 100% to my jersey. However, the MLB logo at the base of the neck is totally off, like not even close. It's weird that the jersey can be almost perfect on all the front/back pinstripes, but off on the MLB logo. Hmmm...

Here's pics I just gathered from different places showing more off game photos of the front and then the back, along with my jersey's back. You'll see the difference.

Don't know if anyone can blow the pic below up, but it's the best size I could get!

Here's the back of my jersey:

Getty's:

Again your assuming that the Jersey of Jeters back is from the same game.
    Always keep in mind Getty has mislabeled many of there pics, this pic could of been from a different game

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    You are of course making the assumption that Derek Jeter wore the jersey in question for the entire game. Is it at all possible that he changed jerseys at any time during the game and that the back photo you are seeing is a different jersey altogether? You have to figure that something like this is possible, especially since his jerseys command a ridiculous sum of money.
    TNT, you could be very correct sir. I guess for everyone/anyone here with regards to baseball jerseys, do a lot of players change them during the game/innings? I mean minus if they slide and the jersey (usually the pants?) get ripped or massive dirt stains for some reason, I don't know why they would change? But like I said, I'm not a baseball jersey collector, so if anyone has any insight, that would be great.

As Rich said in his earlier post that if there was a way to find every one of his at bats/game play in those playoffs, it might be possible to find.

Chris, here's a fresh pic of the #10/armband for ya. If you or anyone needs anymore pics of the jersey, close-ups, etc, just let me know!!
    Thanks again everyone!