Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Re: JO Sports adding teams in 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattapan03 View Post
    The Spikes and Davis jersey's definetly look like they have wear, but the other ones Im not so sure about.
    I know what you mean. I asked about all the 49ers shirts with regards to wear and those 2 had the most. it is a bit odd that the others only show significant number puckering and light wear. The issue may be that the shirts were only worn for one game each although the shirts i got from NFL auctions which were worn in one game had tons of use.

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    I know what you mean. I asked about all the 49ers shirts with regards to wear and those 2 had the most. it is a bit odd that the others only show significant number puckering and light wear. The issue may be that the shirts were only worn for one game each although the shirts i got from NFL auctions which were worn in one game had tons of use.
    From the naked eye, the 49ers jerseys look to have just been put through the wash. Otherwise they look pristine. JO is pretty good about showing pictures of the jersey's that have game wear on them

Quote Originally Posted by billie-boy View Post
    Seriously, JO Sports, why don't you just throw in the towel, and give into collectors like JackHE and zooat2. They are the wave of the future....

Forget about the fact that legaleagle92481 has it exactly right when he says the LAST thing anyone who can't spare $240 should be thinking about is a game used jersey. Just fold your hand, open up a fold-out table at the National, and put a $5.00 "GRAB-n-GO" sale on the stuff for Christ's sake.

Think of the tax write-offs you'll have for the forseeable future?? And then you won't have to hear these guys continually come at you saying that you're STILL charging too much!

Now go get after that Detroit Lions contract. I hear their items have gotten up $19.95 a game used jersey!!! My GOD the money you'll make....

- You totally missed my point.

Quote Originally Posted by billie-boy View Post
    Seriously, JO Sports, why don't you just throw in the towel, and give into collectors like JackHE and zooat2. They are the wave of the future....

Forget about the fact that legaleagle92481 has it exactly right when he says the LAST thing anyone who can't spare $240 should be thinking about is a game used jersey. Just fold your hand, open up a fold-out table at the National, and put a $5.00 "GRAB-n-GO" sale on the stuff for Christ's sake.

Think of the tax write-offs you'll have for the forseeable future?? And then you won't have to hear these guys continually come at you saying that you're STILL charging too much!

Now go get after that Detroit Lions contract. I hear their items have gotten up $19.95 a game used jersey!!! My GOD the money you'll make....
    Thanks for your very insightful 4th post, it was great...

But, again, you aren't getting the point... This isn't an "I can afford more than you can" argument... it's about what they're worth. Again, I can afford to buy any of the Redskins jerseys, but to me, they're not worth it. Doesn't mean that they aren't worth it to anybody, just to me (and obviously most collectors or they would be all gone by now).

Just because you may be able to afford spending $1,000 on a car wash doesn't mean that you should. You should spend the $3 it's actually worth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skinsfan0521 View Post
    Thanks for your very insightful 4th post, it was great...

But, again, you aren't getting the point... This isn't an "I can afford more than you can" argument... it's about what they're worth. Again, I can afford to buy any of the Redskins jerseys, but to me, they're not worth it. Doesn't mean that they aren't worth it to anybody, just to me (and obviously most collectors or they would be all gone by now).

Just because you may be able to afford spending $1,000 on a car wash doesn't mean that you should. You should spend the $3 it's actually worth.
    They are selling Shawn Springs who has been to the probowl for 382 bucks, Andre Carter who has been to multiple probowls for 300 bucks, Jon Jansen who was one of best right tackles in the league and was a second team allpro for 270, Chris Samuels who will get hall of fame votes for slightly over 500, Fred smoot for 360, phillip daniels for 350, fabini for 350, randy thomas for 350, london fletcher one of best linebackers of last decade for 770. Moss is only slightly over a grand. These are very reasonable prices. On nfl auctions where the bidders set the market a common player or semistar jersey typically sells between 300 and 700.

There has been some interesting information and insights and I believe everyone has had an opportunity to make their point. The topic has shifted a bit from JO adding teams to their current sale and pricing structure. In an effort to keep this from deteriorating into personal attacks, we are going to go ahead and lock the thread.