Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trsent
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Questions about the Adam Vinatieri Jersey in American Memorabilia Auction

Originally posted by suave1477
    I am just going by the pics provided or maybe I am missing it.

But the Jersey in the picture provided from the auction only shows a #4 on one shoulder.

The pics provided by the meber here from Getty show a #4 on both shoulders.

Does anyone else see this?
    Great catch!

Comment

• hockeytigers
      • Feb 2009

It is the way the jersey is displayed...here is another picture from the auction of the back side of the jersey
      Attached Files

Comment

• trsent
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by hockeytigers
        It is the way the jersey is displayed...here is another picture from the auction of the back side of the jersey
        That jersey has 4's on each shoulder!

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
          • Jan 2009

Look at the color of the sleeve ends....I mean.....mingya, RETAIL! I don't care what the signature says, or the COA, or the seller.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by TriplexXxSports
            Look at the color of the sleeve ends...
            Compare them to the game photo...(I meant to say)

Comment

• trsent
              Banned
              • Nov 2005

Compare them to the game photo...(I meant to say)
              I think you need to say look at the location of the colors on the sleeves as they are way off from the game photos. Colors from a picture in an auction compared to a picture from Getty are never the same due to lighting.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                • Jan 2009

No. The cuffed ends on the sleeves on the auction jersey are blue. In the game photo they are white. That is the comparison I was referring to.

Comment

• trsent
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

No. The cuffed ends on the sleeves on the auction jersey are blue. In the game photo they are white. That is the comparison I was referring to.
                  Cool, the space between the 4 on the shoulders is also much, much different.

Comment

• perlman9
                    • Dec 2007

from someone who has been burnt like this and reading the explanation from the seller of the hologram stating it being authentic signed, I think it is pretty clear the "Game Used" was added later and both jerseys were bought from Adam as signed jerseys with authentication and the seller added Game used in silver ink pen. That is my two cents and I bet the hologram speaks nothing to game used but only to being signed...
                    Jason Perlman
                    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• trsent
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by perlman9
                      from someone who has been burnt like this and reading the explanation from the seller of the hologram stating it being authentic signed, I think it is pretty clear the "Game Used" was added later and both jerseys were bought from Adam as signed jerseys with authentication and the seller added Game used in silver ink pen. That is my two cents and I bet the hologram speaks nothing to game used but only to being signed...
                      I would be surprised if anyone can prove your theory correct. There is no proof that Adam didn't write this inscription other than your blind guess.

There is something wrong with this item as we have seen many players over the years inscribe an item with a game used inscription that was not game used.

Comment

• Mulligans
                        • Dec 2009

AMI pulled it when they learned it was a fake.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by trsent
                          I would be surprised if anyone can prove your theory correct. There is no proof that Adam didn't write this inscription other than your blind guess.

There is something wrong with this item as we have seen many players over the years inscribe an item with a game used inscription that was not game used.
                          Very true. A few years ago there were fake Favre gamers on the market (it was reported by SCD) that had the Farve three step hologramed signature of Brett himself complete with GU inscription to a specfic game. And those sold for much more than these.

Comment

• trsent
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                            Very true. A few years ago there were fake Favre gamers on the market (it was reported by SCD) that had the Farve three step hologramed signature of Brett himself complete with GU inscription to a specfic game. And those sold for much more than these.
                            I remember that. Didn't Chris Nerat write an incredible, ground breaking article that he was to continue but then he left SCD and never finished it? Prior to that job he worked for AMI, then he went to MEARS, left MEARS, came back to MEARS and now works for HAG?

He likes to work for companies with initials for their names. I wish he would have finished that investigation.

Comment

Working...