Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: MLB Opening Day Baseballs?

One is up on MLB.com auctions with the opening day logo from Dodgers-Pirates game....
    http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=118829251

anyone know if the Twins used Opening Day logo Balls in first game at Target Field vs Boston? or did they use new Target Field logo balls. I did hear the Twins did get first home run ball from the new stadium from the kid that got it.

Here's the story on the Opening Days. Not trying to pimp/spam our little site, if preferred I'll just copy and paste the details. Been watching this forum for a long time and I can't help but contribute when my favorite topic comes up (Official Comm. Gamers)

Anyway, I spoke with a Rawlings contact and was informed these would simply be used for Ceremonial 1st Pitch. Can't really explain that one that looks game rubbed that's up for auction though. Ya never know, maybe a few slipped into play? Or maybe they actually rubbed some up for 1st pitch? Really don't know. Here's my take:

http://www.bigleaguebaseballs.com/ma...-day-baseball/

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCity View Post
    Here's the story on the Opening Days. Not trying to pimp/spam our little site, if preferred I'll just copy and paste the details. Been watching this forum for a long time and I can't help but contribute when my favorite topic comes up (Official Comm. Gamers)

Anyway, I spoke with a Rawlings contact and was informed these would simply be used for Ceremonial 1st Pitch. Can't really explain that one that looks game rubbed that's up for auction though. Ya never know, maybe a few slipped into play? Or maybe they actually rubbed some up for 1st pitch? Really don't know. Here's my take:

http://www.bigleaguebaseballs.com/ma...-day-baseball/
    Cool site. Great info. Maybe that LA-Pitt game used ball will get some big action, if in fact most opening day Logo balls were not supposed to be put in game play.

Haven't been on lately and totally forgot about my post dating all the way back to April. lol

Kinda disappointed that some teams did have the 2010 Opening Day logoed balls in play and some didn't. Would have been awesome if they would've used them for the opening day game i went to.

Now the ball I got looks like every other GU baseball I have. blah.

I bought the LA vs PIT game used ball from MLB auctions and it is the only one I have seen with the Opening Day logo that is authenticated by MLB. I went to the Braves Cubs opening day game and they used regular baseballs too. Maybe that will make the ball worth what I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    I bought the LA vs PIT game used ball from MLB auctions and it is the only one I have seen with the Opening Day logo that is authenticated by MLB. I went to the Braves Cubs opening day game and they used regular baseballs too. Maybe that will make the ball worth what I paid for it.
    Nice pick up. Surprised it didn't get much action considering it may be the only one like it authenticated to be game used.