Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did you notice anything new on opening day?

I watched the Red Sox opening game yesterday and noticed that Dustin Pedroia was not using Easton brand equipment anymore. Pedroia was wearing Franklin batting gloves and wrist band, New Balance cleats and he was using a Wilson fielding glove.

Also, Manny Ramirez was swinging a Hoosier brand bat vs the Pirates today. I think the last time he used a Hoosier bat was with the Indians.

One more thing to add.....Pujols is still a HR hitting machine!

Anyone else notice anything new about their favorite team or player?

Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: Did you notice anything new on opening day?

Move over Pujols, Garrett Jones launched two today . A few changes I noticed though where that a few prominent players on the Red Sox changed there numbers this season.

Did any of you notice the white rectangular labels on the handle of some bats, above the grip area? What are those things?

M

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Did any of you notice the white rectangular labels on the handle of some bats, above the grip area? What are those things?

M
    Matt,

I think they leave that area bare to check the grain on the maple bats. Last year all the maple bats were two-tone and this year they went back to solid and two-tone maple bats.

Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I noticed in the Seattle vs. Oakland game that the bat boys had a game ready bat in their hand for the current batter ready to go in case of a break. Possibly a way to "speed up" the game?

Being a red soxs fan please dont get upset at me talking about them.But i swear that jorge posada changed helmets during the game.His first at bat i noticed his normal dirty helmet and i even said to my brother "man it's a new season wear a new helmet"And at his next at bat it seemed to be cleaner.I was going to go over the tape to see if he indeed switched helmets.
    Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    I watched the Red Sox opening game yesterday and noticed that Dustin Pedroia was not using Easton brand equipment anymore. Pedroia was wearing Franklin batting gloves and wrist band, New Balance cleats and he was using a Wilson fielding glove.

Also, Manny Ramirez was swinging a Hoosier brand bat vs the Pirates today. I think the last time he used a Hoosier bat was with the Indians.

Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post

Bobby
    It was recently announced that Pedroia signed a deal with New Balance.
    Kelly

Banned

David Wright is back to hitting homeruns and my Mets are undefeated. As are the Pirates. Jason Heyward looks like a beast and Halladay adjusted quick to the NL. April is fun because it is like the first week of the NFL season unpredictable stuff happens then stuff starts to get back to normal. Remember last year how the Jays were in 1st place for awhile then finished 4th? Or the Mets leading their division for a streach? Or the Rangers leading the AL West?

The Mets and Twins wore new uniforms... The new Twins road uniforms were nothing special. The Mets were attempting to throw a vintage feel into their home jerseys, turning the white into an "off white" (or cream) but IMO, the black drop shadows looked ridiculous on a vintage style jersey.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

I noticed [the President] threw out the first pitch at the Nationals game and offended the home host team by pulling out some ratty old White Sox hat and wearing that with his Nats jacket. As a Nats fan, I was offended. I also read that the Nats manager was a bit flustered by it as well.

"Obama sported khakis and a Nationals jacket, and when he got to the mound, he donned a cap from his favorite team, the Chicago White Sox. "Bad touch there," Nationals manager Jim Riggleman said.