Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Back at it again.....2010 Turner Field Photography

Can't imagine the Braves have much planned for Duncan since they are pretty high on prospect Freddie Freeman, who has similar expectations as Heyward.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Can't imagine the Braves have much planned for Duncan since they are pretty high on prospect Freddie Freeman, who has similar expectations as Heyward.

Hey you never know players get injured and stuff and a lot can happen through out a season.

The Yankees themselves constantly bring up guys through a season.

Hey Kyle,
    My wife decided to choose photography as her hobby. Your pictures look awesome. You using any software such as Photoshop or anything like that? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBanz View Post
    Hey Kyle,
    My wife decided to choose photography as her hobby. Your pictures look awesome. You using any software such as Photoshop or anything like that? Thanks!

I use GIMP to sharpen the images just a tiny bit and to sometimes fix the exposure or white balance. It's the same thing as photoshop, except it's free.

Thanks!

Kyle--if and when my favorite player gets called up to the D-Backs (and plays at Turner), I might could use your 12" lens to try to catch some photos of his bats so I could later try to photomatch. Sometimes it's pretty fluky to get good info off of the mlb.tv video feed, even in HD...

Beautiful pics Kyle! Awesome work
    When I moved to my new subdivision 2yrs ago, one of my neighbors said that "the" or maybe one of the Braves groundskeepers lives in here. I know the house, but it's on the other side of the subdivision, so I usually don't see him. If it would help at all if I talked to him to help our your dream job there, just let me know!
    Can't promise anything, but I'm willing to try

btw, have you tried emailing some of the Braves media people, just to inquire into the process? I wouldn't try to sell them too much in an intro email, but maybe you can get some info.

nickacs- I actually once had an interview for a job for groundskeeping at Turner Field. I didn't get a call back though (probably because I was 17 at the time of the interview and the job is for 18+). They're a crew though with atleast 25 people I believe. I don't think they would be able to help though with getting through to the front office regarding a photography position. I appreciate your help though.

treant985- Which player is it? Also I actually watched this video on youtube about a MLB sports photographer who works for Getty, and he explained that all he did was send in some of his own work and he got called in to LA for an interview and got the job. I might go that route once I get some more shots througout the season. I'll probably send into some places in this area like the Braves themselves, the Atlanta Journal Constitiution, and ofcoarse Getty & AP.

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    treant985- Which player is it?
    Brandon Allen of the D-Backs. Had the firstbase job to himself but had a horrible Arizona Fall Lg, so they signed LaRoche. When he gets called up will obviously depending on injuries, etc (and on the success of an experiment to put Allen in the outfield).

I emailed a friend in the Braves media department to see if he could give a quick run-down on how to get credentials. Figure it's worth a shot. I send them stats info every now and then for their media notes.