Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Banned

Re: Back at it again.....2010 Turner Field Photography

Heads up!!

Eric Duncan will be with the Mississipi Braves for 5 days next week.

Kyle... nice job!

I am curious - what lens are you using?? Also, within the "photoshop" tool, what do you use to "sharpen" the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by redoctober View Post
    Kyle... nice job!

I am curious - what lens are you using?? Also, within the "photoshop" tool, what do you use to "sharpen" the picture?

Thanks!

I use a Nikon D90 with a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 lens and an added 1.4x teleconverter turning it into a 98-280mm f/4 lens

I use GIMP to add just a tiny bit of sharpening. It's one of the many filters GIMP has.

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Thanks!

I use a Nikon D90 with a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 lens and an added 1.4x teleconverter turning it into a 98-280mm f/4 lens

I use GIMP to add just a tiny bit of sharpening. It's one of the many filters GIMP has.

From the pictures posted, it looks like you lost no sharpness by using the teleconverter, is this accurate?? Been thinking about adding one myself.

Also, might be worth posting a link to your webpage again.

Quote Originally Posted by redoctober View Post
    From the pictures posted, it looks like you lost no sharpness by using the teleconverter, is this accurate?? Been thinking about adding one myself.

Also, might be worth posting a link to your webpage again.

You're correct. I stick with the 1.4 teleconverter so I don't lose too much light and I can keep the shutter speed up pretty high. I take most pics at 280mm and it comes out just fine. I'd love to upgrade to the 300mm 2.8 but it's over $3,000, so just using a 200mm 2.8 with a 1.4 teleconverter is you best bet.

Also, I don't have a webpage for my photography, but just my game used collection for now. I do though have a fanpage on facebook for my photography (except it's for my portrait work, not sports):

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Kyl...6834363?ref=ts

Hey Kyle,
    Do you ever go to any Gwinnett Braves games when the big league team is not playing???

Quote Originally Posted by ham1963 View Post
    Hey Kyle,
    Do you ever go to any Gwinnett Braves games when the big league team is not playing???

I'm actually going to be there in about 10 hours. They don't have as many day games at home as the Braves do, and tomorrow is one of them, so I'll be there if I'm able to wake up early enough.

Kyle, are you shooting JPEGs or RAW images?
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Rob - I shoot in JPG. I've tried RAW before and I didn't really see too much of a necessity to use it. It does add a little more resolution and gives me more color to work with, but I'd only use RAW if I'm doing portrait photography.