Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Grey Flannel Auctions Ozzie Newsome GU Cleveland Browns Helmet

I have been doing some research on the Ozzie Newsome GU Browns helmet in the Grey Flannel Auction in anticipation of potentially bidding on it:

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.c...00&category=37

I am not a helmet expert but I know that many members of this forum have a great deal of knowledge in this area and could offer some opinions on the helmet. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Banned

Re: Grey Flannel Auctions Ozzie Newsome GU Cleveland Browns Helmet

Greg,

Like so many of Grey Flannel's items up for auction, their descriptions leave so many unanswered questions. Add to that they only share TWO pictures of this helmet, you really don't have a whole bunch to work with.

I would recommend calling GF and asking them to send you a couple of photos of the inside of the helmet, possibly showing the time "dial" if the helmet has one. Then, assuming he is still around since his services rendered at this site's last auction, contact aeneas01 for his comments. He's about as good of a helmet expert as you will find. Good Luck.

You should see the fake Dick Dobbins COA on the Mays jersey. Plus an "opinion" letter by someone on this forum. I had GF fax "Dick's" "COA" to me week before last. That jersey has had so many alterations on it, it's comical. Lot # 293

does anyone know how to contact Robert aka aeneas01?

Thanks,
    Dave