Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: 2009 World Series jerseys with no MLB hologram

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    bahahaha 1500 for Gaudin. Are you serious ? that is crazy.
    that isn't bad at all for a jersey worn during a ws game by a guy on the active roster the coaches even went for more than that.

I'm Efrain Reyes from Steiner Sports. I've sold a few of the WS jerseys and this is the story. Teixeira wore 2 jerseys on the road, in game 3 and 5 he wore a jersey without the WS patch and in game 4 the jersey had the WS patch, hence the question about the second jerseys with the World Series patches. All game 5 jerseys and game 6 jerseys that we recevied were authenticated by MLB. The jerseys that were up on my site yesterday had the wrong wording. The jerseys are 2009 game used with inaugural and WS patches. I do have a few road MLB authenticated jerseys available, if you want a list or have any other questions please let me know. ereyes@steinersports.com

FYI - this year we'll have a partnership with the Chicago Cubs so I'll have opening day jerseys available.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ereyes View Post
    I'm Efrain Reyes from Steiner Sports. I've sold a few of the WS jerseys and this is the story. Teixeira wore 2 jerseys on the road, in game 3 and 5 he wore a jersey without the WS patch and in game 4 the jersey had the WS patch, hence the question about the second jerseys with the World Series patches. All game 5 jerseys and game 6 jerseys that we recevied were authenticated by MLB. The jerseys that were up on my site yesterday had the wrong wording. The jerseys are 2009 game used with inaugural and WS patches. I do have a few road MLB authenticated jerseys available, if you want a list or have any other questions please let me know. ereyes@steinersports.com

FYI - this year we'll have a partnership with the Chicago Cubs so I'll have opening day jerseys available.
    don't take this the wrong way but this is the prime example of why you guys need an online verification system. on ebay in the next few months i guarentee that at least one of these jerseys will turn up as a gu world series jersey that the seller happened to 'lose' the steiner loa for and some unsuspecting sap will buy it because of the patch and the fact that it has a steiner hologram.

so did Steiner receive these recently from the Yankees, I just don't understand the inconsistency in why some jerseys have MLB authenticated holograms while other do not.

Couldn't agree with you more legaleagle, i see them on ebay myself and cringe because i know some poor bidder that knows nothing about the industry would be taken for a ride. We are looking into different ways of deterring this from happening in the future.

The secondary jersey were received from the Yankees a couple of months after the season was over. After Game 5 MLB authenticated all used WS road jerseys, not the secondary jerseys, not even the one Teixeira used in Game 4. That's why all of the secondary jerseys with the WS patches are categorized as 2009 Game Used with World Series patch, not World Series used.

thanks Efrain, does Steiner also sell Yankee player belts and do you plan on receiving additional 2009 items or is that the complete inventory received from the Yankees currently listed on your site.

Funny you ask about belts, several collectors have asked about the belts recently, but since our partnership began in 2004 we've never received any belts. I believe this was the final shipment. We just received some pants and got back the Gardner 09 MLB authenicated WS Road jersey which was being signed and inscribed. Are you looking for something specific from 2009?

Efrain yes I'm looking for a belt to go along with one of the pants I have to display. someone here suggested I go purchase a Mets game belt on your site though I have some doubts about if that would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    Efrain yes I'm looking for a belt to go along with one of the pants I have to display. someone here suggested I go purchase a Mets game belt on your site though I have some doubts about if that would fit.
    We have belts a little as $9.99 so its probably worth the try.