Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ereyes
    • Mar 2010

Re: 2009 World Series jerseys with no MLB hologram

The secondary jersey were received from the Yankees a couple of months after the season was over. After Game 5 MLB authenticated all used WS road jerseys, not the secondary jerseys, not even the one Teixeira used in Game 4. That's why all of the secondary jerseys with the WS patches are categorized as 2009 Game Used with World Series patch, not World Series used.

Comment

• mbenga28
      • Nov 2008

thanks Efrain, does Steiner also sell Yankee player belts and do you plan on receiving additional 2009 items or is that the complete inventory received from the Yankees currently listed on your site.

Comment

• ereyes
        • Mar 2010

Funny you ask about belts, several collectors have asked about the belts recently, but since our partnership began in 2004 we've never received any belts. I believe this was the final shipment. We just received some pants and got back the Gardner 09 MLB authenicated WS Road jersey which was being signed and inscribed. Are you looking for something specific from 2009?

Comment

• mbenga28
          • Nov 2008

Efrain yes I'm looking for a belt to go along with one of the pants I have to display. someone here suggested I go purchase a Mets game belt on your site though I have some doubts about if that would fit.

Comment

• ereyes
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by mbenga28
            Efrain yes I'm looking for a belt to go along with one of the pants I have to display. someone here suggested I go purchase a Mets game belt on your site though I have some doubts about if that would fit.
            We have belts a little as $9.99 so its probably worth the try.

Comment

• pags13
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
              that isn't bad at all for a jersey worn during a ws game by a guy on the active roster the coaches even went for more than that.
              boy, and I can't even get $800 for my 2000 game used road World Series jersey worn by Jose Vizcaino, and he actually played in 2 road games that series. I have been trying to sell this jersey for months now, with no success. I'll keep it before I give it away

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                Banned
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by pags13
                boy, and I can't even get $800 for my 2000 game used road World Series jersey worn by Jose Vizcaino, and he actually played in 2 road games that series. I have been trying to sell this jersey for months now, with no success. I'll keep it before I give it away
                Is it Steiner/MLB certified? If it is 2000 I am guessing no. I was just pointing out that it was not a bad price for a Steiner/MLB certified jersey worn by an actual player during the Series. Especially since the Series is so recent and fresh in people's minds. I believe that most of the players went for over 10 grand and the coaches for at least 2 grand.

Comment

• BULBUS
                  • Nov 2005

Is it Steiner/MLB certified? If it is 2000 I am guessing no. I was just pointing out that it was not a bad price for a Steiner/MLB certified jersey worn by an actual player during the Series. Especially since the Series is so recent and fresh in people's minds. I believe that most of the players went for over 10 grand and the coaches for at least 2 grand.
                  Its just Steiner authenticated. Steiner/Yankees did not use MLB on jerseys back then. And you're right, its all about the NOW and whos hot. Thats why we see current players selling for more than past stars that had great careers.

In ten years, those people who paid 2 grand for a coaches jersey, wont get anything near that for them.
                  Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                  sigpic
                  donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• mbenga28
                    • Nov 2008

didn't Vizcaino hit the game winner in Game 1?

off topic but does anyone know why the Yankees don't use the stitched name, size, year swatch that most teams use on their game jerseys that's located near the jocktag or collar?

Comment

• pags13
                      • Nov 2005

yeah it is only Steiner certified with their numbered hologram, which is pretty much a token thing, since you cannot enter the number and get any info via their website. jersey is 100% the real deal however, but hard to photomatch on a road, without the pinstripes.

Comment

• Mattingly85MVP

what's the going rate for Robbie Cano GU jersey's on the secondary market?

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Mattingly85MVP
                          what's the going rate for Robbie Cano GU jersey's on the secondary market?
                          probably about 2-2,500. the yanks go for big bucks and if he keeps up his torrid season it will only rise.

Comment

Working...