Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2009 World Series jerseys with no MLB hologram

Steiner Sports has several Yankees game used 2009 World Series jerseys available, but with no MLB Authenticated holograms. have other World Series game used from previous years/teams also not have any MLB Authenticated holograms on them? I would assume that for one of baseball's biggest events, anything game used and sold to the public would have a hologram affixed on them. thanks.

Re: 2009 World Series jerseys with no MLB hologram

Steiner does sell many items without MLB holos and just have their own untrackable holos.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    Steiner Sports has several Yankees game used 2009 World Series jerseys available, but with no MLB Authenticated holograms. have other World Series game used from previous years/teams also not have any MLB Authenticated holograms on them? I would assume that for one of baseball's biggest events, anything game used and sold to the public would have a hologram affixed on them. thanks.
    I think there is some sort of error as for Steiner the prices are very reasonable and why post them now months after the World Series? I find it hard to believe that some of the ones available have not sold at those prices. Also they have a Wang jersey and the guy was not even on the World Series roster and had not played in months so why would he dress for the Series?

I remember contacting Steiner several time after the World Series to ask about the jerseys and they said they were sold out, then a couple of weeks later some showed up on MLB Auctions and now this.

Was Wang with the team at the time, maybe he dressed up and was sitting in the dugout which would still constitute as game worn, right?

Wouldnt surprise me if Wang dressed for the series because I'm almost certain Nady dressed for it and he played a day or two for the Yankees.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    I remember contacting Steiner several time after the World Series to ask about the jerseys and they said they were sold out, then a couple of weeks later some showed up on MLB Auctions and now this.

Was Wang with the team at the time, maybe he dressed up and was sitting in the dugout which would still constitute as game worn, right?
    I have the scoop. They cannot confirm they were used in the Series and suspect that they are regular season jerseys that had the patches added and were backup jerseys during the Series and the letter only states that they were used in 2009. That being said I am considering buying a couple because they are cool looking with the patches and they are not a bad price all things considered and who knows maybe I can get a photomatch to one of the Series games.

You have a point with them being backup jerseys for the series because I think most of the players kept the ones worn if not auctioned. I do recall during one of the games that Teixeira wore a jersey sans the WS patch.

even as regular season jerseys with World Series patches added on, shouldn't they nonetheless have MLB Authenticated holograms? did they say exactly they can't confirm and suspect they were used in the regular season? that just doesn't sound solid enough for me to spend that money, even if it was used in the regular season only, well suspected to have been used.

The set with MLB Authentication - which authenticated the home jerseys to game 6 and the road jerseys to game 5 - were sold directly via Steiner and also via MLB Auctions. Having had a few of the homes in my possession, I can verify, for the ones I saw, that they had extensive use - I did photomatch a few coach's jerseys to game 6 at Yankee Stadium as well so I was very comfortable with that set based on the small sample I had the pleasure to handle.

I do believe there are 1 or 2 more jerseys from this set at Steiner including this Gaudin where you can see the MLB hologram authenticates it to Game 5:

http://www.steinersports.com/chad-ga...son-ws-patches

Banned

bahahaha 1500 for Gaudin. Are you serious ? that is crazy.