Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Is this really cool or really tragic?!

Here is a nearly non-existent early stan musial signature bat. As the story goes it was cracked at Yankee Stadium by Musial (which probably would mean it was a WS bat if true) and it was then filled to make it a weighted bat for the yankee hitters to swing on deck. It hurt me to see a bat of this significance basically destroyed but maybe there are some that think it is neat with the story and the players after musial that may have swung the bat. Whats your take on this bat? Tragic or cool?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stan-Musial-rare...item45f218f385

Re: Is this really cool or really tragic?!

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    Here is a nearly non-existent early stan musial signature bat. As the story goes it was cracked at Yankee Stadium by Musial (which probably would mean it was a WS bat if true) and it was then filled to make it a weighted bat for the yankee hitters to swing on deck. It hurt me to see a bat of this significance basically destroyed but maybe there are some that think it is neat with the story and the players after musial that may have swung the bat. Whats your take on this bat? Tragic or cool?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stan-Musial-rare...item45f218f385
    I don't think there is anything tragic about this if the story behind the bat is true. The Yanks equipment manager probably saved this Musial bat from the trash since it was cracked and gave it new life. Equipment back then wasn't treated the way it these days.

Banned

I think that's very cool especially to think who might have swung that after Stan.

Banned

i think it illustrates how little regard people had for gu stuff back then and like someone else said it is great that it was saved from the trash and it is cool to consider who might have swung it. it gets me alot mader when people cut stuff like that up for cards.

Very cool story. You can only wonder who swung it.........

Awesome. Assuming the story is true, a great piece of Yanks and Musial history.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com