Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Willing to pay over market for Griffey jersey or pay for referral

contray to what some others say i think you are being smart. certain players like griffey, jordan, montana, ichiro are the subject of alot of fake items. being that they are big ticket purchases and are so popular this is no surprise. but it is better to be safe than sorry so if you are not 100% comfortable you are smart not to buy. eventually you will find one that you are happy with it just takes awhile sometimes.

Look I appreciate the fact that you are confident in your jersey, I'm not calling you into question just because I'm not confident in your jersey. With something that costs as much as his jerseys do I'm not going to make a purchase that I'm not confident in. I would hate to have a jersey hanging there that I have doubts about. I appreciate your comments but I just wasn't comfortable with the jersey.

Leagleagle, I appreciate your words and I'm glad I'm not the only collector would wants to thoroughly research these big ticket items.

I in know way want to come across as getting personal here, I'm just simply trying to find a jersey I've always wanted and one that I can be confident in.

Thanks to all those who have offered their expertise and insight. I've learned alot from you guys and hope to pass on this knowledge to other collectors as well.

Justin I applaud you for being diligent. What you are learning through countless hours of research is Griffey did NOT, in fact, wear 7 jerseys every game as a Mariner! I lived across the street from Mill Creek Sports Cards in Griffey's heyday and I never saw a game jersey on their walls. Those jerseys were spoken for BEFORE the season started. I also know the Mariners sold hundreds if not thousands of blank game jerseys throughout the 1990's. If Griff didn't sign it.....it did not come through him.......

My buck fiddy!!

Keep at it bro, when you see it you will know!!!
    Davis Emburey
    demburey@netzero.net
    Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!

Thanks Davis, you've been a great resource in this hunt.

The search is back on for Griffey gamer. Thanks for any help.