Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Yankees-Steiner Jerseys For Sale

***MODERATOR NOTE- THIS THREAD BEGAN AS A "FOR SALE" THREAD. I HAVE MOVED IT TO GAME USED DISCUSSION SINCE THERE IS GOOD INFO HERE. THE ORIGINAL POST CAN BE RE-POSTED ON THE FOR SALE THREAD***

First a quick introduction.

My name is Brad Shafran and I work at a NY auction house with a specialization in Presidential autographs. I also have my own site: www.shafrancollectibles.com where I sell a variety of autographs and memorabilia.

I do not have much by way of game worn items up on my site right now, but will gladly offer a 10% discount on any items on the site to anyone from this Forum. Please just e-mail me rather than using my online checkout system.

Also, I am pleased to offer the following NY Yankees game worn jerseys, all with Steiner Sports certification. Pictures gladly provided to anyone interested (they should all be on the site by the end of the week, I hope).

Shipping will be $10 within the Continental USA but if you purchase 2 or more jerseys, I will pick up the shipping. Paypal, checks or money orders gladly accepted.

'05 Rey Sanchez Home - #26 - $285
    '95 Bob Wickman Road - tagged "Wickman-95" at bottom - #27 - $350
    1996 Melido Perez Road - #33 - tagged "Perez 96" at bottom - $300 (patches removed)
    1991 Matt Nokes Home - #38 - tagged "Nokes 91 2" in collar - $325
    '97 Jim Mecir Home - #54 - tagged "Mecir 97" at bottom - $285

Feel free to e-mail brad@shafrancollectibles.com with any questions

Re: Yankees-Steiner Jerseys For Sale

One quick clarification - the Melido Perez jersey was actually worn in 1995 but tagged in 1996. Perez did not return to play with the Yankes in '96. I have made a correction on the price as well.

Banned

Shanfran ok wait your confusing me!!!
    Your saying you have a Melido Perez Jersey he wore in 1995 but the ersey was made a year after he left the team?

As quoted to me by Steiner:

The jersey was worn by Melido in 1995, and tagged in 1996 before the Yankees knew he would not return.

That is why I posted a "clarification" - I unfortunately can't offer any further details than that.

I tried to lower the price on the jersey but didn't realize there is no edit function on this forum. The price on it is now $225.

Banned

Maybe our new Steiner member here can chime in on this one I never heard of a Jersey year being re-tagged????????

I don't claim to be an expert on jersey tagging so I can't offer any further info. If anybody feels there is a "problem" with such tagging, I would gladly remove the item and no longer offer it for sale. I am a reputable guy looking to offer items at prices as affordable as I can.

The only reason I made the clarification was Melido shows no stats on baseball-reference for the 1996 season. That is what made me believe the tagging of "96" couldn't be right - I am guessing it could have been recycled from '95 in preparation for the '96 season - maybe worn in pre-season?

Banned

shanfran im not blaming you or anyone else. All I am saying is I never heard of changing year tags. Name Tags YES, but I never heard of year tags. To the best of my knowledge if a player wears a Jersey into the next season, its just that!!! he wears it they dont switch year tags bcuz its a new season. Then again I could be wrong!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shafrancollectibles.com
    I don't claim to be an expert on jersey tagging so I can't offer any further info. If anybody feels there is a "problem" with such tagging, I would gladly remove the item and no longer offer it for sale. I am a reputable guy looking to offer items at prices as affordable as I can.

The only reason I made the clarification was Melido shows no stats on baseball-reference for the 1996 season. That is what made me believe the tagging of "96" couldn't be right - I am guessing it could have been recycled from '95 in preparation for the '96 season - maybe worn in pre-season?
    There is a few issues to think about here.

The Yankees did often recycle jerseys from one year to the next. The jersey could have been used in any number of previous seasons.

Baseball-Reference does show The Yankees paid Melido Perez $4,650,000.00 in 1996. I would assume the jersey was either recycled for him or prepared for him. I can't find any transaction history for him on http://www.retrosheet.org/ to determine when he was officially released from The New York Yankees.

Lastly, since it is a road pitchers jersey use may be minimal, but do you find anything that would lead you to believe the jersey was used or worn for frequent seasons?

It is borderline either way. I would first guess the item to be team issued for the 1996 season, but since I do not find him on the disabled list in 1996 I cannot imagine it was worn in 1996. Maybe you can see sewing marks from where a 1995 tag was removed?

There are signs of an arm band removed on the left sleeve as well as a patch from the right sleeve.

The Yanks did pay Perez in '96 but, as mentioned, no indication that he pitched that season.

As I mentioned, not maliciously or in anger, I'll gladly simply no longer offer the item for sale if there are questions on it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shafrancollectibles.com
    There are signs of an arm band removed on the left sleeve as well as a patch from the right sleeve.

The Yanks did pay Perez in '96 but, as mentioned, no indication that he pitched that season.

As I mentioned, not maliciously or in anger, I'll gladly simply no longer offer the item for sale if there are questions on it.
    I never suggested that you remove the jersey from you sale list, you have done nothing wrong.