Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

tagless meigray jersey question

Bought another jersey from ebay from the meigray group.... Barry, if you could please help me out again, I'd appreciate it as I'm always a bit skeptical buying from ebay. The last jersey was Jared Jeffries with a game used jersey and number sewn into it. This jersey has no hologram, no patch.. nothing... It came with a COA from the Mavs with a hologram and a Certificate of Registration from Meigray with number 139119. How can I tell if the jersey is real or if he just bought one and threw in the COAs? Thanks.

Re: tagless meigray jersey question

just looked at the jersey... it also says "engineered to the exact specifications of championship athletes". Why would a player's actual jersey say that when they are a championship athlete...?

Bumping this up in the hope that Barry might see it. Thanks.

Why don't you just call them tomorrow? 888-463-4472

Josh,

Sorry, missed this post earlier.

139119 is registered as a Dallas Mavs, 03-04, Michael Finley blue gamer. Size 52 +4, Year tag reads 2002-03, but worn in 03-04.

In that season, our agreement with the Mavs did not permit us to use our authentication tagging system. Obviously, without seeing the jersey I cannot tell you for certain if somebody on ebay switched jerseys and/or COAs.

But if you call me tomorrow and LMK the source of the ebay source, and that source is properly registered as a previous owner, I can confirm provenance and give you the peace of mind you are looking for.

Thanks, Barry

Thank you both. I will give a call either tomorrow or some time this week. I greatly appreciate it.