Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LastingsMilledge85
    • May 2009

Re: 2010 Jackie Robinson

I'm not so sure I'm big on the Jackie Robinson Foundation charity though. Especially with me going into college and all it somewhat bothers me. That has nothing to do with ne not liking the jersey, and I infact do own one.

Comment

• scootmagroot
      • Oct 2009

Well....The Padres and Braves were wearing their throwbacks today (1984, white, brown gold for the Padres, and Blues for the Braves) and everyone was wearing 42. Was pretty cool to see it with the throwbacks. Im sure Ill be picking up several Padres 42s this year

Comment

• MSpecht
        • Oct 2005

Here is a pic from yesterday's game as noted above. All wearing number 42 with no NOB.

Trivia--In 1984 Padres pitcher Sid Monge wore number 42 for the first part of the season until he got traded to the Detroit Tigers, where he faced the Padres in the 1984 World Series. Padres pitcher Greg Harris wore number 42 for the remainder of the Padres season.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com
        Attached Files

Comment

• pietraynor
          • Nov 2005

Some of the O's JRD jerseys have already hit MLB.com & include the Wieters. Jay.

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
            • May 2009

Tonight select players are wearing 42 in the Nats game.

Comment

• 08Cubs
              • Jun 2008

Ian Desmond from April 15 in Philadelphia.

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                • May 2009

Originally posted by 08Cubs

Ian Desmond from April 15 in Philadelphia.
                How did you get that already?

Comment

• 08Cubs
                  • Jun 2008

They put a handful of them out in the team store the day after the game. It was kind of odd to walk in and just find them there, but that's how it goes in Natstown. Also really odd to already have a 2010 in the collection.

The Willie Harris (IIRC) was also out and had some nice dirt on it, but I thought it was a great opportunity to get the Desmond, even as clean as it was.

Comment

• dnrapp
                    • Feb 2009

The A's had 10 JR Day jerseys up in their in game Community Fund auction today(sun) I ended up with 2

Yesterday when I went by the booth to see what they had. they had nothing I was interested in, mostly auto balls. But they did have 2 big boxes with various GU batting helmets from the last couple of years. the price was very good, less than the cost of most Little league batting helmets, I was a only able to carry away 4. A Washington Senators(Texas Rangers) MLB auth helmet from the 2008 TBTC to 1968 game. A yellow A's helmet from the same game, not auth. A green A's #3 (Chavez), non auth and a 2009 TBTC game to 1939 PCL Oakland Oaks helmet with no ear flap, no number on back and non auth. So I guess it was either a catchers under mask helmet, a coaches helmet or a batboys helmet. It was the only onefrom that game in the boxes.

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                      • May 2009

If you can please post a picture of the Senators helmet. Do you know what player wore it?

Comment

• dnrapp
                        • Feb 2009

It was worn by #15 Gerald Laird and it is autographed. MLB auth also says the same thing. I will post a pic on the April pick up thread

Comment

• csu398
                          • Apr 2011

This thread is about 1 year old...I went to the Dodger Stadium on the 2011 JR day and found several 2010 Dodgers JR day in silent auction. It seemed that the Dodgers dream foundation saved them for one year. I remember seeing Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw, Jonathan Broxton, and Don Mattingly...there are several others but I cannot recall now. All MLB hologram'd.

Comment

• jake33
                            • Nov 2005

the rays sold there 2008 2009 and 2010 JRD's for $100 a piece at fan fest. All MLB authenticated.

Was nice to pick up my eric hinske very cheap, but I only display with the front of the jersey showing. From a distance, it looked like a dodgers home jersey almost....

Would it be awful if MLB still included the players last name on the back or do they have to keep it straight #42.

I still think this comes from Selig getting pressure years ago to get more african americans involved in the sport... kind of an over the top reaction in my opinion. Even though Jackie's story is amazing. Makes it seem like he was under valued and looked over up to 1997, which is incorrect.

Similar to his all star game TIE blunder.... Now Bud has the all star game mean home field advantage in the WS? I still don't get it.

Comment

Working...