Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 2010 Jackie Robinson

Ian Desmond from April 15 in Philadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by 08Cubs View Post

Ian Desmond from April 15 in Philadelphia.
    How did you get that already?

They put a handful of them out in the team store the day after the game. It was kind of odd to walk in and just find them there, but that's how it goes in Natstown. Also really odd to already have a 2010 in the collection.

The Willie Harris (IIRC) was also out and had some nice dirt on it, but I thought it was a great opportunity to get the Desmond, even as clean as it was.

The A's had 10 JR Day jerseys up in their in game Community Fund auction today(sun) I ended up with 2

Yesterday when I went by the booth to see what they had. they had nothing I was interested in, mostly auto balls. But they did have 2 big boxes with various GU batting helmets from the last couple of years. the price was very good, less than the cost of most Little league batting helmets, I was a only able to carry away 4. A Washington Senators(Texas Rangers) MLB auth helmet from the 2008 TBTC to 1968 game. A yellow A's helmet from the same game, not auth. A green A's #3 (Chavez), non auth and a 2009 TBTC game to 1939 PCL Oakland Oaks helmet with no ear flap, no number on back and non auth. So I guess it was either a catchers under mask helmet, a coaches helmet or a batboys helmet. It was the only onefrom that game in the boxes.

If you can please post a picture of the Senators helmet. Do you know what player wore it?

It was worn by #15 Gerald Laird and it is autographed. MLB auth also says the same thing. I will post a pic on the April pick up thread

This thread is about 1 year old...I went to the Dodger Stadium on the 2011 JR day and found several 2010 Dodgers JR day in silent auction. It seemed that the Dodgers dream foundation saved them for one year. I remember seeing Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw, Jonathan Broxton, and Don Mattingly...there are several others but I cannot recall now. All MLB hologram'd.

the rays sold there 2008 2009 and 2010 JRD's for $100 a piece at fan fest. All MLB authenticated.

Was nice to pick up my eric hinske very cheap, but I only display with the front of the jersey showing. From a distance, it looked like a dodgers home jersey almost....

Would it be awful if MLB still included the players last name on the back or do they have to keep it straight #42.

I still think this comes from Selig getting pressure years ago to get more african americans involved in the sport... kind of an over the top reaction in my opinion. Even though Jackie's story is amazing. Makes it seem like he was under valued and looked over up to 1997, which is incorrect.

Similar to his all star game TIE blunder.... Now Bud has the all star game mean home field advantage in the WS? I still don't get it.