Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: GFC Who got what?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayworld View Post
    Interesting on the Show going for so much. On a side note, I sent Eric Show a 1984 Topps card in the mail that he signed for me back in the late 1980s. He signed it to me, along with "In Jesus Name" and a Bible verse. Shame about him passing so young from drugs.

It was more than I wanted to pay, I was thinking maybe Steve Mears was bidding on this. Just glad it didn't go much higher.

I don't know what GF was doing. I was the high bidder on a lot at 9pm and at 9:30pm I was still the high bidder and the auction was in extended bidding, then at 9:45 I got outbid. I thought that if the no one bid on the auction for 10 minutes after 9pm the auction is over??
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Always looking for any Edgardo Alfonzo game used stuff!
    cfiguer5@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan808 View Post
    I don't know what GF was doing. I was the high bidder on a lot at 9pm and at 9:30pm I was still the high bidder and the auction was in extended bidding, then at 9:45 I got outbid. I thought that if the no one bid on the auction for 10 minutes after 9pm the auction is over??
    10 minutes for the ENTIRE auction.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Also how did the auction run all night? You could only bid on lots you had bid on before after 9pm est, were people really up all night entering new bids? Why not just enter your max and go to bed?
    I made that mistake when I first got into this hobby a few years back. lol

There was something I wanted desperately & stayed up until 6am doing nothing but refreshing the page to see if anybody had outbid me & watching Terminator 1,2 & 3. lol
    I went to bed at around 6am feeling that there was no way anybody who originally bid on the item would outbid me now.
    Woke up a few hours left to see that I had lost the item. lol

Quote Originally Posted by karamaxjoe View Post
    As of about 5 years ago that Muddy Ruel uniform had the Stars and Stipes patch on the sleeve. Someone bought it, removed the patch and put it back in an aution. That stuff drives me nuts!

I blew the budget on the Schalk 44 Sox jersey since that style is impossible to find.
    That is unfortunate, wonder where it ended up?....I guess that made it affordable for me, though.....LOVE the Schalk jersey, btw......saw it when it hit ebay a few months ago.....

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    Ben, you picked up that Larkin bat?!?!? Many I put in those final bids to get to where it was the day before and could not believe somebody else wanted a Larkin that bad also. After a month of waiting for that bat, I let go last night.

Did end up with a consolation price of the Barry Larkin road jersey.

I do hate taking out another forum member, but that one was my main target. Just an unusual bat offering for him, IMO.

Glad to hear you snagged the jersey though!

Quote Originally Posted by hrvatwill View Post
    That is unfortunate, wonder where it ended up?....I guess that made it affordable for me, though.....LOVE the Schalk jersey, btw......saw it when it hit ebay a few months ago.....
    I was the underbidder to GF in that ebay auction so I knew it would be popping up again.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

picked up the Andre Dawson 82 jersey with allstar patch! overall there auction was rock solid,lots of great stuff!

I won the Mets bat lot: Alfonzo bat and wrist bands, Knight worth bat (Oriole bat), Piazza Rawlings Acis bat (a Dodger bat), and a Kevin McReynolds Rawlings 1988 NLCS bat.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I'm wondering how you guys pay for thse stuff? i just got my invoice and it say's due date is the 16th of April?