Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: GFC Who got what?

I won the David Ortiz batting helmet. I was able to photo match it to the last two months of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by drexler22 View Post
    I'm wondering how you guys pay for thse stuff? i just got my invoice and it say's due date is the 16th of April?
    lol I noticed that too on my invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyla2000 View Post
    picked up the Andre Dawson 82 jersey with allstar patch! overall there auction was rock solid,lots of great stuff!
    How much was the Dawson?
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    How much was the Dawson?
    $3,356 with buyers premium.

dirtyla2000, Sweet Dawson jersey! Did you get the Gold Glove too?

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    I won the Mets bat lot: Alfonzo bat and wrist bands, Knight worth bat (Oriole bat), Piazza Rawlings Acis bat (a Dodger bat), and a Kevin McReynolds Rawlings 1988 NLCS bat.
    If ou are looking to unload the Alfonzo bat please contact me.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Always looking for any Edgardo Alfonzo game used stuff!
    cfiguer5@yahoo.com

I thought that it was a great Auction, but does it normally last so long? 7AM Bids?

I sold 2 items and got pretty good $ so all of my purchases ended up free!

I bought some football Jerseys, but lost to all you guys on the baseball stuff! I cannot believe where the Basketball prices were going considering almost nothing had COA's. Here are my Football purchases:

Dan Marino
    Dante Culpepper
    Marquis Colston
    Brandon Merriweather
    JP Losman
    Correy Dillon

For the most part I only tried to get Jersey's with some sort of paperwork. I was surprised at the number of 2008-9 jerseys with no Authentication whatsoever. I just worry when I see them because NFL auctions sold an awful lot of game issued/Authentic Jerseys this year and I'm a bit concerned that they will make it back out onto the street!

Quote Originally Posted by mmonte4 View Post
    The price for the NBA stuff were just crazy, EXPECT for the MJ items. That 92 jersey should be around 8-10k and it went for much less. And the rookie gamer went for only 15k (i doubt the authenticity on that one though, and i think bidders felt the same).

I bid on the Kobe short shorts around 1am cst and my max bid ended up being outbid by one unit. It happens to me EVERY gfc auction - someone goes one increment higher!

I feel bad for whoever bought the 93 Shaq AS jersey because its 100% NOT game worn. I've got the game on tape and still shots of shaq at the free throw line - the nba logo near the collar is way off. Oh well, if buyer didn't do his research then too bad.
    Hey there bro Yea, we both researched the '93 Shaq AS jersey extensively when the exact same jersey was a Heritage Auction last year. Feel terrible for the person who paid over $10k for it

Weird, lots of NBA and NFL items were high for things that I didn't expect and vice versa.

First time I have bought from GF. Bid on a couple of NFL footballs and ended up winning the two - 11/29/2009 Carolina Panthers vs NY Jets and the 11/01/2009 Denver Broncos vs Baltimore Ravens - balls per description come with NY Jets and Denver Broncos + JO Sports Co documentation. I collect primarily ACC and SEC football helmets and have now quite a few college and NFL game used balls. Very pleased to pick these up and at what I thought were very good prices. The other pair of balls in the auction went at a very reasonable price - kinda kicking myself for not bidding on those too yet I bid and won the set I wanted.

As an aside - I am a NC STATE 1981 grad - I have been searching for a current block S helmet for sometime from my alma mater - so I wrote coach Tom O'Brien and he had one of his staff reply to me. Long story short he had the head equipment manager for the Wolfpack call me and I went by this past Wednesday morning and met the head guy, several of his colleagues and got to go inside the Murphy Center at our Carter Finley Stadium and get a 2008 gamer, learn who the player is that wore the helmet; saw the awesome collection they have from trading with other equipment managers and the very nice set of pro lids - like a Chargers helmet signed from Philip Rivers, one from the jets from Jerricho Cotchery and one from the Dolphins (I believe from a trade) - guys it was so cool and they took all the time in the world to talk helmets and we walked through the lockers and pulled down a couple of current helmets and looked at the various new designs. One manager had traded for an older Virginia Tech helmet and was ordering some new clips for the orginal ones had deterioated with age. Also one fact I gleaned was many of the trades between team managers seem to occur at bowl games - maybe was just based on the particular helmet we were discussing. Was a great experience and I made some new friends! I know there are more people that collect jerseys than helmets yet the 2008 lid I received seems to have been worn in three seasons by the same player 06, 07 and 08!

I have four seats at Carter Finley and have donated a fair sum over the years and was nervous to approach our coach - yet he could not have been nicer and really made my week!

Go Pack! Tom

I got the Youkilis and Ellsbury helmets. I am sure some of my colleagues here were in the hunt there too. Yes, this was not a great price.... I matched them both back a few months through the playoffs and I think they will be very well used.

I started chasing the Rice jersey, but had a hard time matching it so did not keep up. It was not cheap.

I spent an hour on the 2008 NBA finals ball (celts fan) but the ones in the games had special marks. So bailed on that one.

The Kendrick Perkins Jersey could be legit (though no meigrei tags) but it went for close to $1000 with the BP.

I noticed A Bonds (Pirate-era) bat just like mine went for over $1000 with the BP. I think that marks a bit of a comeback in Bonds pricing since he has retired and thee is not a flood of items from him. They were once over $3000 and then under $700 last year.

Final note - great time to pick up Ortiz stuff at low prices...correlated to his batting average for 2010... Varitek helmet went very cheap too. Sad

Matt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I thought that it was a great Auction, but does it normally last so long? 7AM Bids?

I sold 2 items and got pretty good $ so all of my purchases ended up free!

I bought some football Jerseys, but lost to all you guys on the baseball stuff! I cannot believe where the Basketball prices were going considering almost nothing had COA's. Here are my Football purchases:

Dan Marino
    Dante Culpepper
    Marquis Colston
    Brandon Merriweather
    JP Losman
    Correy Dillon

For the most part I only tried to get Jersey's with some sort of paperwork. I was surprised at the number of 2008-9 jerseys with no Authentication whatsoever. I just worry when I see them because NFL auctions sold an awful lot of game issued/Authentic Jerseys this year and I'm a bit concerned that they will make it back out onto the street!
    you got a steal on the colston he had two tds in that game and it went for like a 1/3rd of what the one in the guu auction went for in the fall before the super bowl run.