Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help with identitfying jersey logo please!!!!

I came across this rare jersey logo card and have no idea what team that logo could be from that Lastings played for. Doesn't look like a Mets, Nats, or Pirates logo to me. Any thoughts? Thanks

Re: Help with identitfying jersey logo please!!!!

Looks like a "USA" jersey to me...maybe from an All-Star Futures game (possibly the All-Star game in Detroit a few years ago)?

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Cool Re: Help with identitfying jersey logo please!!!!

Agreed, 2005 Futures game in Detroit.

Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Wow, would they actually cut up a jersey like that though? That's a jersey I would love to have.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Wow, would they actually cut up a jersey like that though? That's a jersey I would love to have.

No, but they would cut up a retail jersey and sell it to you as if it were the actual jersey. These card companies are getting slimier by the minute.

Just do a search....see for yourself.

IMO card is a fake. Notice the fibers overlapping the opening onto the face of the card. This usually happens when someone takes the original swatch out of the card and replaces it with a prime patch they cut off a retail jersey in order to enhance eye appeal and market value causing people to spend more $ on it. See the thread in the Auction Item thread about this same practice.

Um, Hello?? Look at the card, it says MLB LOGO, how can you fake that? Take the real one out and put in a fake?? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MJB14 View Post
    IMO card is a fake. Notice the fibers overlapping the opening onto the face of the card. This usually happens when someone takes the original swatch out of the card and replaces it with a prime patch they cut off a retail jersey in order to enhance eye appeal and market value causing people to spend more $ on it. See the thread in the Auction Item thread about this same practice.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB14 View Post

The card says "game used mlb logo" and it has orange instead of red, matching the jersey.

Meant to say IMO NOT a fake. Notice NO fibers overlapping cutout. We really need an edit post feature. Also the fact that Topps labeled the card as MLB Logo Patch on the card itself supports the cards legitamicy. Now whether or not he actually wore the jersey they cut up, well thats another story entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB_Authentic View Post
    Um, Hello?? Look at the card, it says MLB LOGO, how can you fake that? Take the real one out and put in a fake?? LOL
    Sorry to ruffle so many feathers. Trying to type as fast as I think, and without proof reading and an edit feature, you are bound to make a typo here and there.