Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Certain tape to hold broken bats together???

Is there a certain type of tape you should use to keep broken bats together??? Like clear scotch tape or painters blue tape??? All help is appreciated

Re: Certain tape to hold broken bats together???

Manny... I've been using the Blue Painters Tape recently. I like it much better than scotch tape, athletic tape or pretty much anything else I've tried. Benefits are it comes off really easily, it leaves no residue, its fairly strong. The main downside is the color, but luckily most of the bats I've taped I could put a small piece somewhere opposite the labeling and it hasn't been much of an eyesore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Thanks for the help!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manram View Post
    Thanks for the help!!!!!
    I just saw a bat in the basement and saw that a method I was testing appears to be working well... Those plastic zip tie strips. They can be found in white, yellow, black, etc. I was going to pick up some black ones for black finished bats... but keep forgetting to do that. Anyways, just another thought of something to try.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Manram View Post
    Is there a certain type of tape you should use to keep broken bats together??? Like clear scotch tape or painters blue tape??? All help is appreciated
    I've used a self adherent wrap and they work great, no residue and you can take it off and put it back on really easy. The tan color looks good on natural bats and it comes in all different colors including black.

You can find it at your local pharmacy or Walmart.

Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Great question & great answers!! I know I'll be pulling off a lot of the wide clear scotch tape a lot of teams use to hold broken bats together & using some of these suggestions instead!! Thank you all!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

I actually prefer to use superglue and glue them back together if at all possible. This method has worked for me on two bats that I have done that way.