• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • suave1477
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

Another Bo Jackson Jersey come on!!!!

When do they end??????????

This has to be like the 5th or 6th Bo Jackson Game Used Jersey out there. I tell ya with all these Jerseys Bo wore during that 1 season his wash bill must have been pretty high!!!

• sylbry
    • Nov 2005

Re: Another Bo Jackson Jersey come on!!!!

These thing just keep showing up.

At least the ebay auction is listed as "game issued."

Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• trsent
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by suave1477
      When do they end??????????

This has to be like the 5th or 6th Bo Jackson Game Used Jersey out there. I tell ya with all these Jerseys Bo wore during that 1 season his wash bill must have been pretty high!!!
      I don't get it.

Bo didn't pay The Royals wash bill, the team provides wash for the players by the equipment manager and their staff. Who cares about Bo Jackson's wash bill? My dry cleaning bill is around $100.00 a month, I do not care to discuss it.

In the meantime, the issue is that these jerseys keep popping up and it appears from the past discussions that the tagging is from one style of year but it is tagged for the previous year. Someone should find that thread.

Comment

• suave1477
        Banned
        • Jan 2006

Sylbry thats funny i just found that on ebay just now. If you read correctly it says Game Iussued Used. Meaning the guy really doesnt know what it is or just trying to pass it off as one or the other.

Either way this is probably just another scoreboard Bo Jackson Jersey.

Comment

• Eric
          • Jan 1970

What happened when you mentioned your concern to the seller. Can you paste his response here?
          Thanks
          Eric
          Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• sylbry
            • Nov 2005

Suave,

I had to double check the Vintage Authentics link you posted with the one I posted to make sure they are not the same. Nope, the signature is in a different spot. I guess the moral of the story here is if you want a 1989 set 2 home Bo Jackson jersey there is no need to overbid. Instead just wait a month for the next one.

Comment

• suave1477
              Banned
              • Jan 2006

Eric im not concerend!!!

Comment

• Eric
                • Jan 1970

You might not be worried, but as you should be aware, according to forum rules

16. In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.

Please post Vintage's response to your concerns here. You of all people should know to contact the seller before writing what you did above. Perhaps there's an explanation which isn't obvious.
                Eric

Comment

• suave1477
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2006

Eric if you read carefully in my original posting I was just staing that another one has surfaced I never questioned the authenticity of it.

As far as the one listed on ebay I wasnt the first one to make a comment about the one on ebay just making a statement which has been proven time and time again here on this site with out having to ask the seller. That there were numerous amounts of these jerseys made for Scorboard which is why we see so many surfacing up as Game Issued or Game Used. I never said specifically that this is one I just said as adding to the earlier comment that this is probably one, but if it would make you feel more comafortable with what I said I will contact the seller and ask him on the origination of this jersey.

Comment

• trsent
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2005

Jason, while you are at it, why don't you contact Bo Jackson about his laundry bill. Last I heard he is living in Burr Ridge, IL and you appeared concerned about it before in a previous post.

Comment

• sylbry
                      • Nov 2005

Eric,

This thread was started to notify others of the overabundance of 1989 Royals home set 2 Bo Jackson jersey that have been for sale at auction this year. There have been at least a half dozen to date.

No one questioned the Vintage Authentic jerseys (at least in writing.) Rather the comment was made towards the Bo jersey on ebay where the seller is selling it as game issued. Stating that it could be a Scoreboard jersey, knowing full well that the 1989 set 2 home Royals jersey was produced for Scoreboard to sell, doesn't seem to be violating the forum rules especially since the seller isn't selling as game used in the first place.

If your opinion differs then I offer my apologies for bringing it.

Bryan

Comment

• sylbry
                        • Nov 2005

Since Bo's personal life was brought up I was wondering if anyone happens to know if Bo still owns a motorcycle shop in the Chicago area and if so does anyone happen to know the name of it.

I know this quesiton has no business being in a current auction folder of a game used forum but I have been trying to find this info for years.

Comment

• Eric
                          • Jan 1970

It's one thing to suggest that there are many of these 1989 Royals Set 2 jerseys which are not game worn. That is a fact. We know that is what Score Board sold. There is nothing wrong with sharing that information to other collectors. That is what this forum is all about.

However, Jason wrote "Either way this is probably just another scoreboard Bo Jackson Jersey."

It may seem like nit picking, but to make a statement like that without contacting the seller seems irresponsible. Be careful how you word things folks. If you're wrong, you've just cost someone business because you didn't check your facts.

In another thread someone came on and said "Nolan Ryan never wore Rawlings when he pitched." Guess what, someone posted a photo of him wearing a Rawlings jersey while pitching. I had never seen a photo of him wearing one, but there it was. It's not safe to make assumptions about anything in this hobby.
                          Thanks
                          Eric

Comment

• hblakewolf
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2005

Eric-
                            Is it safe to assume that Lou Lampson has written LOA's on items that can not be photo matched, documented or be proven to have ever been worn? This would include Orioles green St. Patrick's jerseys, Orioles minor league jerseys offered through Bricol that he indicates are MLB jerseys and Chragers helmets with decals on the opposite side of where they should be located, just to name a few?

Is this a safe, Eric?

Howard Wolf
                            hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• trsent
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by hblakewolf
                              Eric-
                              Is it safe to assume that Lou Lampson has written LOA's on items that can not be photo matched, documented or be proven to have ever been worn? This would include Orioles green St. Patrick's jerseys, Orioles minor league jerseys offered through Bricol that he indicates are MLB jerseys and Chragers helmets with decals on the opposite side of where they should be located, just to name a few?

Is this a safe, Eric?

Howard Wolf
                              hblakewolf@patmedia.net
                              So, the guy has made a few mistakes that have been brought up day after day on this forum. Eric makes it clear the forum has rules that even if the guy has written 50,000 letters that we have issues with the items, the seller (or in this case auction house) must be contacted with your concerns before making accusations that the item is not genuine.

Howard, when are you going to stop mentioning some Cal Ripken St. Patrick's day jersey or will you take that one to your grave because you lost so much money over Lou writing a letter for an item that none of us can verify was ever worn?

How much did you lose again on that transaction?

Comment

Working...