Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marvin Harrison GU jersey worth ?

What would Marvin Harrison's game used jersey be worth today or tomarrow ?
    Any idea and thoughts
    thank you
    Rex

Re: Marvin Harrison GU jersey worth ?

I don't mean to be vague....But I have seen anywhere between $400 and $2500 for a GU Harrison.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I don't mean to be vague....But I have seen anywhere between $400 and $2500 for a GU Harrison.
    I paid $2,500 from JO about a month ago.

That should help me with my pricing .
    Thank you all,
    Rex

Still can't figure out what to sell a Harrison jersey for. What would be a fair price ?
    Thank you,
    Rex

I would have to say it depends on the documentation. If it came from JO for example and you have photo matches then your looking at 4 digits, but if you have little documentation then it would be significantly less. All depends on the history of the jersey, and where or how you sell it. Hope this helps.

The Indianapolis Colts supplied game used jerseys to Game Exclusives. I think JO sports took over from them. I think I have a good chance at four digits.
    Thank you all again & happy collecting
    Rex

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 808jerseys View Post
    The Indianapolis Colts supplied game used jerseys to Game Exclusives. I think JO sports took over from them. I think I have a good chance at four digits.
    Thank you all again & happy collecting
    Rex
    JO does not distribute Colts stuff. They have like one Colts jersey in stock. The Colts sell jerseys on their proshop but they are typically lineman the best they have is Jeff Saturday. I bought my Harrison from JO but they did not get it from the Colts. Harrison had given the jersey to authentic sports investments aka asi and signed and dated the game it was used in. It ended up in a Mastro net auction a couple of years ago, somehow JO ended up with it then I bought it from them. I paid what I did because it was signed and dated as gu in a particular game by Harrison, had been graded an A10 by Mears at the time of the Mastro net auction, had JO certification and photomatched to the game in question. Grey Flannel auctioned one last week that did not even reach $500 but personally I questioned the gu inscription on that one as it appeared to be written by someone other than Marvin so that may account for the low price. Honestly though it all depends on the paperwork and if it can be photomatched to a particular game. I would estimate that you could get about 800-1000 for it if all matches up. Marvin is retired and several years from HOF eligibility so the demand for him is kind of low at this point and top receiver jerseys that don't originate with NFL auctions or Jo normally go for about that with the exception of Moss who is much more popular than Marvin or any other receiver collectibles wise. I paid such a premimun because of the fact that it could be defintely established that it was from that particular game and it had the paperwork it did.

Wow, after reading all the information on Marvin"s jersey makes me want to keep it. It's just that collector in me .

I do have two getty photos of Marvin in that Jags game that the jersey was used in.
    I wish it was signed, but Marvin is a tough signer when in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl.
    Thank you all,
    Rex

Quote Originally Posted by 808jerseys View Post
    Wow, after reading all the information on Marvin"s jersey makes me want to keep it. It's just that collector in me .

I do have two getty photos of Marvin in that Jags game that the jersey was used in.
    I wish it was signed, but Marvin is a tough signer when in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl.
    Thank you all,
    Rex
    808jerseys-Are you in hawaii? i am and i collect 49ers shirts. Maybe you can email me if you live in honolulu at garciajones@yahoo.com. It is always good to know other collectors from hawaii.
    best
    paul