Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Got Arod's 585th HR Baseball !!

What a night. I wanted to post earlier, but the site was down.

I was at the game in Oakland last night and Arod hit a 452 ft. bomb, almost into the luxury box seats in left-center. Right afterwards, I offered the guy who scooped up the ball a few $$. We negotiated back and forth for a while and came to a deal.

Some of the bleacher creatures were telling me they've never seen a ball hit in this area before.

Never in my lifetime did I think I would ever get an Arod HR baseball while attending the game.

Banned

Re: Got Arod's 585th HR Baseball !!

GREAT JOB!!

Just curious was anyone on hand to Authenticate it? Meaning MLB.

If not do everything you can to document it. Get videos and anything else you can think of. Including saving your ticket.

MLB will not authenticate the ball because it went into the stands. They're very strict on authenticating home runs because of the possibility of a switcheroo with another ball. The only home runs they will authenticate are the balls that are specially marked. They might be willing to authenticate a ball that hits a high wall above the home run line and bounces back to the field and doesn't go into the stands.

great job....what a thrill.
    The tigers will authenticate home run balls...as long as they dont go in the stands...a majority of the ones at comerica land in the bullpen & get authenticated.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Banned

I have no chance of getting it authenticated, but it doesn't matter to me.
    I knew when I bought it from they guy it wouldn't have any re-sale value in the memorabilia market. This is why I didn't pay too much for it.

I'm going to get Arod to sign it and place it in the case with my HR #522 bat I got a few years ago.

It's just a great story my friends and I will talk about forever.

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    I knew when I bought it from they guy it wouldn't have any re-sale value in the memorabilia market. This is why I didn't pay too much for it.

I'm going to get Arod to sign it and place it in the case with my HR #522 bat I got a few years ago.

To me, that's the true spirit of game used collecting...for your personal memories! Congrats on a great piece.

Whether authenticated or not, that is awesome. Congrats on getting a homerun ball. I've been dying to find some Guerrero homerun balls for years.

Don't assume that the ball has no value in the secondary market just because MLB didn't put a hologram on it.

GU memorabilia was collected long before modern authentication and your ticket stub, other supporting evidence and what not will make it very appealing to many potential buyers should you decide to part with it.

For one thing, print out this thread and save it as additional supporting documentation of your ownership.

Congrats on a great catch!

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post

That is a great story. There are a few guys on here that collect HR baseballs the same way you got yours.

Just my .02 of advice, even though you don't plan on selling it now, there are some things you should do as 50 years down the road your family may want to sell it.

Keep your game ticket with the baseball and maybe you can get a screenshot of the guy getting the ball in the game. If you got the phone number of the person who caught it, you can always get a letter from him attesting to the story as I would think it is a valuable ball with or without a MLB #'d hologram.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

NICE WORK!

Dave M.
    Chicago area