Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Yankee Wall

Old Yankee Wall

Hello,
    Thought you guys would enjoy this piece, thats why i made it's own thread(too big for the pick up thread). Entering the ring is a piece of old Yankee Stadium padding, comes in at 9 feet tall and 3 feet wide. This thing is huge. The mlb hologram only lists it as being a Yankee Stadium wall pad, but it has to be from the outfield, i can't see this thing being put in the inside batting cage. And it has the wood bottom like the outfield had. Was wondering what you guys thought.

Session Product Description: YANKEE STADIUM WALL PADS

Session Name: YANKEE STADIUM AUTHENTICATION
    Session Date: Feburary 13, 2009
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Old Yankee Wall

Awesome pick up. Where are you keeping that?

Mike

- WOW!! That's awesome...I'm supposed to get mine tomorrow. Its going to delivered on a flat bed truck! I'm sacred! ..I have no clue where I'm going to put this thing...

- Sooo HELP! Where are you going to put it?

That's great! Congratulations. I think people who have gotten artifacts from the old Yankee Stadium are going to be glad they have them in the coming years.

Zooat,
    Mine also came on an 18 wheeler. Do you know how big yours is. Also I have no idea where I'm putting it, my ceilings are only 7 1/2 tall. So I think I'm going to mount it sideways on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Zooat,
    Mine also came on an 18 wheeler. Do you know how big yours is. Also I have no idea where I'm putting it, my ceilings are only 7 1/2 tall. So I think I'm going to mount it sideways on the wall.

- I asked the trucking company when they called to schedule the delivery and all she told me was that it weighs 100lbs, which according to her is "not that big"?!?...she also said that many buyers have not had the walls shipped because some pieces are way to big....

- Does your's have hooks on the back? or anything?

Well with my other pad it said 100 pounds but turned out to be only 5-10 pounds. Mine does not have hooks but has holes on the back. The bottom piece of wood also has dirt/clay, so that's why I think it was one of the outfield pads. But looking in photos I noticed it's smaller dealing with width and don't know why there's Velcro. Any know where this could have been placed, I'm thinking right field by foul pole.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Well with my other pad it said 100 pounds but turned out to be only 5-10 pounds. Mine does not have hooks but has holes on the back. The bottom piece of wood also has dirt/clay, so that's why I think it was one of the outfield pads. But looking in photos I noticed it's smaller dealing with width and don't know why there's Velcro. Any know where this could have been placed, I'm thinking right field by foul pole.

- Ah-ha! Interesting on the weight issue! So I guess I'll see what I get tommorrow...it looks like the wall may have come from down on the foul lines, not neccessarly the outfield wall itself...

- Where is your other piece of wall form? outfield? batting cage?...and do you have any pics?

and yanks 12025,

was the smaller wall shipped on a truck as well? or did it come UPS?