Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

vintage authentics Young jersey

The jersey in the current Vintage Authentics auction listed as a Michael Young Texas Rangers batting practice jersey from 2004 has the number 9. Unless I am mistaken, or there is something about batting practice jerseys I don't know, Young's number is 10 and the 9 belongs to Hank Blalock.

Banned

Re: vintage authentics Young jersey

cjclong, didnt you read Lou Lampsons LOA?

It said Michael and Hank according to Lampson were buddies and they used to go drinking and one night they got so drunk, that when they woke up in the morning they were wearing each others Jerseys and ever since then for supersticious reasons they have been wearing the wrong numbers LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Im sorry guys I couldnt resist on this one!!!

I won't trust any newer Rangers jersey not accompanied by a MeiGray letter - sorry Lou!

Tim

Banned

Tim-
    I understand your concern, however, you may want to do a little homework on this. Meigray did not get the Rangers pre-games/warm-ups from 2004/2005, and thus, I doubt you'll see any of these with their LOA. The Rangers pre-games in the Vintage auction look to be genuine in every aspect (tagging, wear, sizing), and the lack of LOA should not be an issue. Rangers game jerseys should indeed have the Meigray LOA.

FYI

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by stkmtimo
    I won't trust any newer Rangers jersey not accompanied by a MeiGray letter - sorry Lou!

Tim

I contacted Vintage Authentics and they say they have corrected the mistake on their webb site.

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf
    Tim-
    I understand your concern, however, you may want to do a little homework on this. Meigray did not get the Rangers pre-games/warm-ups from 2004/2005, and thus, I doubt you'll see any of these with their LOA. The Rangers pre-games in the Vintage auction look to be genuine in every aspect (tagging, wear, sizing), and the lack of LOA should not be an issue. Rangers game jerseys should indeed have the Meigray LOA.

FYI

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    Howard, thanks for filling me in. I had taken a brief hiatus from the game used collecting hobby at that point so I didn't notice it. I know they had pre-games and BP jerseys from 2000 as I have one in my collection but they must not be receiving them from the Rangers anymore. Do you know the story behind why the Rangers didn't sell them to MeiGray along with the rest of their inventory?

Tim

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stkmtimo
    Howard, thanks for filling me in. I had taken a brief hiatus from the game used collecting hobby at that point so I didn't notice it. I know they had pre-games and BP jerseys from 2000 as I have one in my collection but they must not be receiving them from the Rangers anymore. Do you know the story behind why the Rangers didn't sell them to MeiGray along with the rest of their inventory?

Tim
    Tim, I can make a guess with no knowledge of the situation based on deals I have bought from teams over the years:

Generally, as a buyer for resale purposes, money is lost on warm-ups, pre-game and batting practice items. This would make a great explanation of why they may not have bought them.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    Tim, I can make a guess with no knowledge of the situation based on deals I have bought from teams over the years:

Generally, as a buyer for resale purposes, money is lost on warm-ups, pre-game and batting practice items. This would make a great explanation of why they may not have bought them.
    Thanks Joel. That's what I was guessing since there seems to be a general lack of interest in them, especially over a game worn jersey. The bids in the Vintage Authentics auction will be especially interesting, then.

Tim