Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

How would you classify this jersey? Is it still issued if the player leaves?

I picked this up from Hunt Auctions recently. It is a signed pro-cut spandex sided super stitched 09 Dawkins Eagles hersey. What would you call this? Is it still team issued even though he was gone by the end of February, well before the start of even the 09 Draft? What does the "S" stand for?

You can see my entire Clemson Tigers collection here with over 30 items.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a83...eys/?start=all

SamFinley@charter.net

Re: How would you classify this jersey? Is it still issued if the player leaves?

I'd still consider it issued, but that's just my opinion.

The "S" stands for "skill position", I believe. That's what I've heard (and seen examples of), but I don't know for sure. Maybe somebody else could answer that definitively.

Re: How would you classify this jersey? Is it still issued if the player leaves?

The S stands for "Skill Cut"

Banned

id say no. there is a a taylor fins one on ebay from 2008 but he was a skin that year to me issued means issued to the player by the team for his use and if hes not on the team you cant have that.

Is the jersey signed? Sometimes NFL auctions has the player sign a jersey number, then sews that number on a blank
    jersey. Dawkins could have signed the number when he was an eagle, but it wasn't sewn on a jersey until he had already been released.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    id say no. there is a a taylor fins one on ebay from 2008 but he was a skin that year to me issued means issued to the player by the team for his use and if hes not on the team you cant have that.
    Technically youre right, but he opened the 08 camp a member of the Dolphins and was traded shortly thereafter