Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

SF Giants Gamers

Can anyone tell me if there are any exceptions to SF Giants gamers being stamped by the team? I'm not referencing a Bonds gamer but another one I've noticed that doesn't appear to have the stamp; is this still OK or should I stay clear of it? The jersey is from 2003.

Thanks,
    Tim

Re: SF Giants Gamers

I'm not an expert at all except that I have purchased a number of Giants jerseys from different sources. The ones purchased directly from the club have a letter of authenticity or a stamp. I have both. And as I understand it, even those may not be game-used everyday jerseys. You are really at the mercy of the Giants clubhouse and marketing bureaucracy.

I have also purchased Giants jerseys that do not have any club authentication. They may have been acquired by people with contacts within the club. For example, I bought a Giants jersey that did not have team authentication but was authenticated by the dealer from whom I bought it. Since it was a road jersey, I am suspecting that it found its way outthe clubhouse door on a roadtrip. I don't know.

I hope that's not too confusing for you. If you know or trust the seller, it seems you should be alright. If you don't know jerseys (and I don't), "trust" is the operative word.