Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Questions about this 1999 Boselli Jersey

Hey, I was wondering if some of you could help me out. I purchased this jersey through the GF auction, and while I thought I had it photomatched, I am starting to doubt myself. The Jaguar logo and Nike logo on the sleeves are screen printed, which is something I have never seen before on a Jaguars jersey. The photo's below seem to match up, but I cant explain the screen printed logo's. There are some repairs on the one logo. I can't find decent photos of his sleeves from '99 and the ones I do find show black shading inside the loop of the tail. Any help/comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Questions about this 1999 Boselli Jersey

Those types of logos are common on lineman jerseys. Some players think that patches would give the opposing players something to grab on to. I collect Titans jerseys and it's much more noticeable on those because the logos that are screened on are much smaller than the patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloving77 View Post
    Those types of logos are common on lineman jerseys. Some players think that patches would give the opposing players something to grab on to. I collect Titans jerseys and it's much more noticeable on those because the logos that are screened on are much smaller than the patches.
    Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. I had never seen it before, but I am fairly new to collecting. I didn't think about the placement of the logo, and how easy it would be for D-Lineman to grab ahold of it. Thanks again!

Your jersey appears to be perfectly matched. The repair on the chest is a dead giveaway.

As far as the sleeves, yes it is common among lineman. Some of them like their jerseys really tight around the arms and have a stitched logo would make that uncomfortable