Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need advice on my first Detroit Tigers game with my 5 year old daughter...

I am going to the Tigers game tomorrow afternoon and wanted some advice on things to do at the ballpark. I also wanted to get her something game used. Are there any deals to be had at the ballpark? Any suggestions on something to buy her? I'm a football guy so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!!

Re: Need advice on my first Detroit Tigers game with my 5 year old daughter...

The area with all of the game used stuff is by the Ferris Wheel. Marc Himelstein is in charge of all of the game used stuff. I dont know if $75 is more than you want to spend but if you call, email, or see him at the stand you can probably reserve the lineup card from the dugout from the game you are going to. You can probably get a ball for around $35 I believe.

Here is his email. He will respond quickly.
    marc.himelstein@detroittigers.com

Hope that helps some,
    have fun,
    -Steve

I agree w/ TigerSteve. For a 5 year old girl, they have a ferris wheel & merry go round she would enjoy. The tigers mascot PAWS is always walking around & enjoys pictures taken of him w/ people. For a meal, they have a 5 dollar kids meal where a toy is included. The cheapest game used is a ball for 35...you can get one from any game this season...even the one you go to. Take her into guest services too, tell them its her first game & they usually do something for her. Also, theres a kids club you could sign her up along the concourse somewhere. If you get there early, its very easy to get right along the rail for batting practice, maybe a player would even give her a ball.. ENJOY the day w/ her!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Thursday afternoon games at Comerica are very nice. The weather is going to cooperate as well. Sunny and about 70! I enjoy taking my wife and kids down there on day games as parking is as terrible as Tiger Stadium was. Anywhere is a bit of a walk, even their garage at night...

The guys, Tigerdale and TigerSteve have given excellent directions. You should have a great day indeed.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Thanks guys!! I called Marc and reserved a lineup card and game used baseball for tomorrow's game. He is a very nice guy.

Thanks for all your help!!!!! My daughter is very excited!

I have a feeling I could be dropping a few bucks tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by hockeytigers View Post
    Thanks guys!! I called Marc and reserved a lineup card and game used baseball for tomorrow's game. He is a very nice guy.

Thanks for all your help!!!!! My daughter is very excited!

I have a feeling I could be dropping a few bucks tomorrow...
    Sometimes memories are more important than $$ spent.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Exactly!! It is our first experience at a pro sporting event so I wanted to make it something she will remember!!

we will be anxious to hear how your day went. TAKE PHOTOS!!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Sometimes memories are more important than $$ spent.

Here, hear! Who wouldn't kill for the lineup card and a game used ball from their first game with their dad or son/daughter?

I would love to get my hands on a ball or lineup card from 8/11/85 Cubs at Mets.

Cherish the day man, I know my dad and I did.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Just wanted to give everyone an update...

The game was great!! My daughter and I had a blast!

Marc (the game used guy with the Tigers) was a great guy! We bought the first base from todays game and a game used baseball from todays game as well. The lineup card was given to Magglio because he recorded his 2,000th hit and Marc said that they give those to the players. He said it was only the second or third time that a person reserved the lineup card and was unable to obtain it. ...that's pretty typical of my luck.

I took a few photos and they are below. Jim Leyland came over before the game and we were lucky enough to get a photo with him.

It was a day I will never forget!! Thanks for all your suggestions...you helped make it an awesome experience for my daughter and I!!
    Attached Images Attached Images