Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Re: Biggio Game Bat

Quote Originally Posted by stdrwt11 View Post
    Just wanted to post pics of a bat I got. I am a big Biggio fan and finally got a bat of his. It is one of the ones without a model number and it also has some stuff (maybe grass) stuck to the pine tar which I thought was interesting. I am just excited to own one finally. If you have a Biggio bat please post as well, would love to check out other bats of his. Thanks!

Why doesn't it have a model number?

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Re: May Pick Ups!!!!

There were some bats that he and some other players used in in 1998 and 1999 that were made without model numbers. 1998 was the only year LS made some bats without some and they were supposed to be promo bats but some of these bats made it into games instead of used a promos and giveaways.

Re: May Pick Ups!!!!

I am sorry, 98 was not the only year they made these. 98 was the only year that LS made the centerbrand with a different oval as well as leaving off the MLB Logo. There were some other bats as well made in 2002-2006 that did not have the MLB logo either due to mistakes or player preferences. Players did use these promos though (without model numbers) in games at times.

http://www.batreference.com/hilleric...sville-slugger