Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rea

Rea

Anybody hoping to win anything tonight?

This is the part I absolutely hate the most.............waiting.

Re: Rea

Still waiting myself.....tick, tock.....hopefully win....yawn

Ben

Would have liked that Juan Beniquez lot, but went just a little bit higher than the my current fundage allows. Got a Ruth autographed piece though.

Banned

wow i missed this one. who ends an auction on a saturday night though? imo not a good idea as that is the night the fewest people are probably home. looks like they had some good stuff though. alot of the autographs sold well over reserve. the walter johnson check went way too low though it pains me to have missed that one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    wow i missed this one. who ends an auction on a saturday night though? imo not a good idea as that is the night the fewest people are probably home. looks like they had some good stuff though. alot of the autographs sold well over reserve. the walter johnson check went way too low though it pains me to have missed that one.
    The answer is, the best auction company in the business.

Any true serious collector probably appreciates the fact the auction ended on a weekend night. And for those that place a priority of doing something else than tending to their hobby when the fight bell rings, then too bad. It must not mean that much to them.

Quite frankly, anybody who wanted to paint the town could have stayed out til wee hours of the morning, then upon coming home (as long as they were coherent enough) logged in to do their damage. This auction didn't close until sun-up, so the day of the week makes the absolute MOST sense to end on as no-one who works a normal work week (Monday-Friday) had to go to work red-eyed, or worse yet miss a day of work because of staying up all-night to win.

Banned

OK.....so who won what?

I won the Mike Schmidt first career GRAND SLAM (his rookie year) home run ball. Paid through the nose for it, but it's a keeper!!

A Bonds bat and 2 Ripken bats for me

Ben

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoozer View Post

Any true serious collector probably appreciates the fact the auction ended on a weekend night. And for those that place a priority of doing something else than tending to their hobby when the fight bell rings, then too bad. It must not mean that much to them.

Quite frankly, anybody who wanted to paint the town could have stayed out til wee hours of the morning, then upon coming home (as long as they were coherent enough) logged in to do their damage. This auction didn't close until sun-up, so the day of the week makes the absolute MOST sense to end on as no-one who works a normal work week (Monday-Friday) had to go to work red-eyed, or worse yet miss a day of work because of staying up all-night to win.
    i dont get the whole auction running all night thing. to me its easier just to log on a couple of minutes before the regular auction closes place my maximum bid and call it a day. i have won many items in auctionhouse auctions and this is what i do everytime. i have never had to stay up allnight watching the auction. to me im going to spend up to x because that is what i feel the item is worth. if someone else feels it is worth more they can have it and ill get the item or a comparable item the next time around.

Banned

OK.....so who won what?

I won the Mike Schmidt first career GRAND SLAM (his rookie year) home run ball. Paid through the nose for it, but it's a keeper!!
    amazing get.

yeah, the "....who ends an auction on a saturday night though?" statement struck me as pretty funny as well given rea most likely followed up their 2009 $10 million+ record setting auction with another record setting auction this year! if you're eager to criticize how an auction house chooses to operate, my suggestion would be to look elsewhere 'cause rea has this sports memorabilia auction thing down....

robert