Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: This MEARS LOA really bothers me...

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    I mean all you have to do is a little research before calling people out.

It's like if you can take the time to post a message on here take the time to look at photos and do the research.
    Read my post again slowly and you'll understand why I posted (and Troy's reply will make sense).

It has nothing to do with a photo of Chipper wearing Franklin gloves...

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    Read my post again slowly and you'll understand why I posted (and Troy's reply will make sense).

It has nothing to do with a photo of Chipper wearing Franklin gloves...
    Emann,

Excellent post by you. I think it is a valid concern and benefited both Mears and the collector by bringing up the issue. I too believe Mears would have been better served if they added this provenance information to the LOO. The LOO as is was very vague and would have low buyer confidence from serious collectors.

I am glad Troy addressed this concern.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by scootmagroot View Post
    I dont get why people put so much belief in LOAs, COA, LOO, LXX, CXX...whatever OPINION is put out there. The ONLY COAs that are legit in my mind are MLB, and the individual players COA such as the GTSM LaDainain Tomlinson COAs.
    To me, a huge difference with MEARS versus others is MEARS' money back guarantee. As I understand it, if you buy something MEARS provided their opinion on, and they are determined to be wrong in their evaluation, MEARS will buy the item back from you for what you paid for it.

Matt
    email is matmuell at umich.edu

Banned

I mean all you have to do is a little research before calling people out.

It's like if you can take the time to post a message on here take the time to look at photos and do the research.

I actually did do some research. I looked on Getty Images and saw nothing from the mid 90's onward to show Franklin gloves. I didn't turn into Magnum PI over it but I do have a life unlike some people who have all the time it seems to do extensive research.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
    I actually did do some research. I looked on Getty Images and saw nothing from the mid 90's onward to show Franklin gloves. I didn't turn into Magnum PI over it but I do have a life unlike some people who have all the time it seems to do extensive research.
    REAL extensive took me 5 mins.

Based on the source being a White Sox ballboy, I looked up the dates that the Braves played the White Sox. Narrowed to 6 games.

June 21-23, 2002 and June 11-13, 2004

Found one photo of Chipper on June 13,2004 in Gettys. Chipper wore customized Mizunos on that day and pretty much the same type of glove in 2002 and 2004. By this stage in his career Chipper was using customized gloves.

If anything they were used in BP. I doubt they were used in any of the 6 career games Chipper played against the White Sox but that just my opinion. Other possibility is a game during ST which would be tough to research.

Research time: 10 minutes. Using retrosheet.org and gettyimages.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post

LMAO

LMAO
    my focus was on actual major league games.

i would have taken your research route as prerookie or rookie era gloves but im not motivated to search further.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Banned

my focus was on actual major league games.

i would have taken your research route as prerookie or rookie era gloves but im not motivated to search further.
    Research is fun when it's your item that is for sure.

Based on the source being a White Sox ballboy, I looked up the dates that the Braves played the White Sox. Narrowed to 6 games.

June 21-23, 2002 and June 11-13, 2004

Found one photo of Chipper on June 13,2004 in Gettys. Chipper wore customized Mizunos on that day and pretty much the same type of glove in 2002 and 2004. By this stage in his career Chipper was using customized gloves.

If anything they were used in BP. I doubt they were used in any of the 6 career games Chipper played against the White Sox but that just my opinion. Other possibility is a game during ST which would be tough to research.

I just checked on whether the Sox and Brave would play ST games and they play in different leagues -- Braves (Citrus in Florida) and White Sox (Cactus in Arizona). So I doubt the White Sox ballboy was saving Chipper's glove in Spring Training.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com