Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Finally got my Griffey

As many of you know I've been looking for a Griffey jersey with good provenance for quite awhile. It cost me more than I had planned to spend but I was lucky enough to win the White Sox road jersey from the mlb.com auction. Here are the pics from the Auction lot and I'll post more when I receive it along with my other Griffey items. Thanks to all those who offered advice and insights in my search. If anyone has any personal photos from that season I would appreciate them for possible photo matching.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Banned

Re: Finally got my Griffey

Congrats on the pick up! Its always nice to win a jersey of your favorite player. Glad it landed to a good home. Enjoy your new piece.

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by justinwc80 View Post
    As many of you know I've been looking for a Griffey jersey with good provenance for quite awhile. It cost me more than I had planned to spend but I was lucky enough to win the White Sox road jersey from the mlb.com auction. Here are the pics from the Auction lot and I'll post more when I receive it along with my other Griffey items. Thanks to all those who offered advice and insights in my search. If anyone has any personal photos from that season I would appreciate them for possible photo matching.
    Congrats. i know you have been looking for the longest time for a Griffey jersey. Find it ironic that fom all the research for a Seattle Mariners Jersey you end up with a White Sox Jersey. As long as you are happy, that's all that matters.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

congrats you got a good deal considering they are so hard to find. glad to see someone find their white whale.

Take a look at the front "7" and "GRIFFEY" on the back. They look similar, but I'm just quickly browsing.

Congrats on the pick-up!

There's a loose black stitch on the "I" that you could match up as well as a loose white stich on the bottom of the second "F". Hopefully it's the same one!

A few more you can make matches with:

Banned

It must have been cold that day for Griffey

Also I should add: the full-res pics I posted are copyrights to Keith Allison, who is a great photographer in Balitimore who shoots at Orioles games.

Everyone, thanks so much for all the well wishes and the great photos, I can't wait to have the jersey in my hands to start matching. I did spend alot of time researching his Reds and Mariners jerseys, even emailing with Rick Stowe the Reds equipment manager about the Griffey jersey in the Grey Flannel auction. He said that one was authentic but GF called me and said they were pulling it since they couldn't photo match the pinstripes. But when I saw a jersey being offered from the team that was as good as I could ask for without Griffey giving it to me himself. If anyone is looking for examples of Griffey jerseys and information I am more than happy to pass on what I've found. And just some FYI I found that most of his jerseys that have good provenance have a 2 inch extra length customization although this seems to not always be the case when it comes to alternates, and found one jersey vest from his Seattle years that had his signed COA and did not have the extra length. Happy to help anyone else. Thanks again.