Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dallas Braden throws perfect game

What a day for A's fans. I was at the game and the Rays could not touch him. Any thoughts from other A's fans???

Banned

Re: Dallas Braden throws perfect game

I live in Stockton and can tell you this is a huge deal here. The whole town is excited, can't wait to read the paper tomorrow. I use to watch him play when he was on on A ball club the Ports.

Wish I could snag a game used jersey of his, but prices will be to high for a while.

Banned

Also, I heard Dallas bought the tickets in section 209 (also the area code for Stockton) for a bunch of people in Stockton. During the game the kept showing the folks in section 209, how exciting.

Just bought a ticket from ebay.

After losing his mother to breast cancer, this could of not happened to a better person on a better day. This really is the story of the year just fantastic, unbelievable, and heartfelt.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Dallas Braden throws perfect game

it was a great achievement but i am not a fan. the way he used arod for his 15 minutes of fame prior to this and created a major news story out of nothing and kept trying to extend it was absurd. his comments implying a fight the next time the two teams play in two months were particularly crazy as arod has two inches and about 40 pounds on him so i doubt he would fare too well in a fight with him. the game was also an aberation as he is almost 27 and has been a below average pitcher. it is sad how he lost his mother and great how he bought tickets for people from the 209 but he needs to filter his comments to the media and show respect for veteran players.

I understand what you are saying, but this kid has had great stuff for a long time and finally put it all together. He had the lowest run support in the AL last year. A-Rod also has to watch what he says though, saying he wanted his 15 minutes of fame. He should not have said that

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    it was a great achievement but i am not a fan. the way he used arod for his 15 minutes of fame prior to this and created a major news story out of nothing and kept trying to extend it was absurd. his comments implying a fight the next time the two teams play in two months were particularly crazy as arod has two inches and about 40 pounds on him so i doubt he would fare too well in a fight with him. the game was also an aberation as he is almost 27 and has been a below average pitcher. it is sad how he lost his mother and great how he bought tickets for people from the 209 but he needs to filter his comments to the media and show respect for veteran players.
    But don't you think it was just as disrespectful for A-Rod to break a clear unwritten rule, probably assuming that Braden wouldn't say anything because he's A-Rod. He was then probably then caught off guard when Braden stood his ground. I would be willing to bet that Rodriguez wouldn't have done that when Maddux or Johnson was on the hill. Although Braden won't ever be in the same echelon as A-Rod, he really does appear to have some egg on his face with his 15 minutes of fame comment.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    The media is the one that gave him his "15 minutes" of fame but now he is apart of baseball history. Good for him. I think he was making a statement for his team that they wouldn't just be disrespected this year. It's his mound and he took offense to it. I like the intensity, written rule or not. Arod doesnt command the same respect as a guy like Jeter and the players all recognize that. He lost his mother, pitched a perfect game on mothers day with his grandma who raised him as his mother, watching in the stands.....congrats to him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    But don't you think it was just as disrespectful for A-Rod to break a clear unwritten rule, probably assuming that Braden wouldn't say anything because he's A-Rod. He was then probably then caught off guard when Braden stood his ground. I would be willing to bet that Rodriguez wouldn't have done that when Maddux or Johnson was on the hill. Although Braden won't ever be in the same echelon as A-Rod, he really does appear to have some egg on his face with his 15 minutes of fame comment.
    Arod probably did not realize that he did something to offend anyone at the time he did it. Many players from other teams that have been interviewed have expressed the opinion that he did nothing wrong so i disagree that such is a clear unwritten rule. the 15 minutes of fame thing was true at the time it got him in the news frequently at a time when few people outside of oakland had any idea who he was and his play was below average. so arod had no reason to suspect that suddendly this guy was going to become a star. today was just one game and a career it does not make. len barker, mitt witt, charlie robertson and tom browning also threw perfect games and they are not exactly legends of the game. perfect games require a tremendous amount of luck in addition to skill. the bottomline is if he reverts to prior form from here on out this game will be quickly forgotten.

Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I've read/heard that it's pretty much common knowledge that you don't walk over the mound, and I'm sure a seasoned player like A-Rod knows that, whether he had a lapse in judgement or not.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com