Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 87 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Seriously.....nobody??

You guys are killing me.
    I had a football game today, so I am a little late to the party (btw the Rush are now 2-0).... Anyway, I can say for certain the first giveaway is the NOB.

Ok, who's next....

You're excused, and congratulations on the 2nd victory.

There are actually 2 things wrong with the nameplate. Any ideas?

I just got my first GU Bears durene jersey, a Jim Cadile jersey from the early to mid 1960's. This jersey is awesome! It's just beat to death from all the use back in the day. TONS of team repairs throughout the jersey. A true HOF piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Awesome Durene Tyrch. I havent seen anyone talk about the Mcmahon jersey yet Rich, so im gonna guess a couple things. the Name on the nameplate looks a little off and the numerals on the jersey sleeves look a little small. Im not 100 percent sure but i cant wait for your words of wisdom. im always down for learning a few things to help me in my ever growing quest to know all things Bears. Thanks as always

Banned

Tyrcha:

That Cadile is awesome! You might have gotten the best 1960s/70s jersey of the auction.

Dave Miedema

Yeah, I can honestly say I'm more than happy with the jersey. Thing is, I never knew I lived that close to MEARS. I'm literally down the street from them.

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Awesome vintage durene jersey Tyrcha, there was a great variety in the Mears auction, I wish I had taken advantage and purchased one.

I did pick this up from the latest JO auction, I posted the JO photos, haven't had the chance to take my own

Nick Roach away jersey from the 2009 Bengals game. This jersey is beat, I counted 7 team repairs, several un-repaired tears, and leftover tape inside the shoulder and collar. As you can see, many helmet marks and dirt all over, I couldn't be happier with the jersey, I'm glad I went for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrcha View Post
    I just got my first GU Bears durene jersey, a Jim Cadile jersey from the early to mid 1960's. This jersey is awesome! It's just beat to death from all the use back in the day. TONS of team repairs throughout the jersey. A true HOF piece.
    Wow, Tyrcha, that's so great that you got that Bears Durene jersey. I am not even a Bears fan, but I think your new Durene jersey is awesome. Thanks for posting photos of it! Very happy to see that you won it! Congrats!

Max (Vikingshelmetguy)

Nice pickups guys! That Roach is all marked up and that durene looks like it's been through a woodchipper. Good stuff.

Back to the McMahon: the nameplate has 2 major deal-breaking errors.
    I've always begged everyone to find a picture of McMahon in a Bears jersey with no spacing between the "Mc" and the "Mahon" on the nameplate. Nobody's ever been able to do it. I have thousands of hours of game footage and volumes of photo archives and even I can't find any evidence that he wore anything different.
    Number two......the "A" on the auction jersey's nameplate.
    The Bears have never, and I mean EVER used that "A" in any way shape or form. Not even on their retail authentics, hence this is nothing more than a bad custom job.

I won't even get into the sleeves and the sizing......wrong and wrong.

+1 on the Mcmahon, thanks for the little bit of info on it. Sick Roach pick up also my friend, the use on that bad boy is awesome.
    Finally got one of my jerseys in from Josports, this was quite the headache to get my hands on. Long story short, it took 4 months of BS to finally reach my doorsteps. In any case, proud to show it off, doubt he's coming back but ive always been a huge fan on D. Manning. He's an incredible athlete and I love his straight up the field return style. '07 Navy against the Vikings. It's easily photomatched since he was all over the place that game.