Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Vladimir Guererro 1st HR bat of 2010 "I dont think so!"

eBay seller g3clippers is auctioning a dark brown Phoenix bat that is signed as a Vladimir Guerrero 1st HR bat, the bat is MLB authenticated as being broken on April 7th, 2010 http://cgi.ebay.com/VLADIMIR-GUERRER...item5ad96cd1e4

I checked mlb tv and Vlad was using a blonde bat when he hit his 1st HR in the 4th inning on April 7th, he used a dark brown Phoenix bat and cracked it on a weak infield ground out in the 8th inning.

Here's a video link to Vlad's 1st HR as a Texas Ranger: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...me_pk%3D263842

Buyer beware as these are the same guys that have tried to sell a forged 2007 home run derby bat in the past and when confronted with solid proof, denied any wrong doing

Just wanted to pass this along as I know there are several Vlad collectors on the forum.

Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Re: Vladimir Guererro 1st HR bat of 2010 "I dont think so!"

Nice work - hopefully it saves a buyer or two out there

Ben

Nice catch Bobby. Do you think the Hr #1 was written by Vlad or added later? I thought Vlad wasn't noting his Hr bats anymore.

Jeremy

Banned

the handwriting appears to be different between the sig and the inscription.

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ24 View Post
    Nice catch Bobby. Do you think the Hr #1 was written by Vlad or added later? I thought Vlad wasn't noting his Hr bats anymore.

Jeremy
    Jeremy,

I think Vlad just signs all of his cracked GU bats and one of his boys pens in the HR notation.

I'm always skeptical when it comes to HR bats, I have seen mistakes with a more than a few Arod HR notated bats and now this Vlad bat.

Without a solid photo match to the actual HR at bat, I would just stay clear of these bats and the seller g3clippers.

Bobby

Forgot to metion thats he's offering the following on his eBay listing:

GUARANTEED TO PASS PSA/DNA OR JSA OR DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK!!

Quick way to make $1900

Game used-Nice catch on this.Not sure if i would have the guts to call someone out like this.There is alot of crazies in the world.Are'nt you ever scared someone might take this personal and sue you or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    Game used-Nice catch on this.Not sure if i would have the guts to call someone out like this.There is alot of crazies in the world.Are'nt you ever scared someone might take this personal and sue you or something.
    Joba,

Just trying to chip in and clean up this hobby we all enjoy. That's what this forum is all about, helping out fellow collectors and sharing information. I enjoy exposing the crooked individuals that take advantage of unsuspected buyers, eventually it will all catch up with them and their business will suffer.

Honesty is the best policy in this business and these eBay sellers, dealers and auction houses that offer game used items should do their homework first and be 100% sure the items they sell are exactly what they advertise.

Thanks,
    Bobby

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    Forgot to metion thats he's offering the following on his eBay listing:

GUARANTEED TO PASS PSA/DNA OR JSA OR DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK!!

Quick way to make $1900
    Good luck collecting it from him. Plus Psa or Jsa very well may pass it as we all know they have a tendency to make mistakes.

Those companies only judge it to be used or not by the player if I am not mistaken so they could beat you on a loophole could they not. Its obvious that Vlad used this bat as seen by the stills, just not the bat he used to hit the HR.