Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Re: Astros team store question

Quote Originally Posted by stdrwt11 View Post
    For instance Biggio, if he kept most of his stuff, how did items of his make it onto the market? I know there are items out there. I have seen your pics as well as other people on here and online selling them.

Just wondering how game used items make it to the market where we the collectors are able to purchase them without authentications from mlb or steiner? Do the give out an alloted amount? Are some items just thrown to the side and given away by people in the clubhouse? I am just curious, not just for Biggio but for any player.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    This stuff has legs. Teammates (Ruben Riveria and the Jeter glove comes to mind), clubhouse personnel and friends and acquaintances and business partners pilfer stuff or they are given it by the player and turn around and sell it. Also the market is full of fake stuff and most of the stuff you see on Ebay is not real.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    This stuff has legs. Teammates (Ruben Riveria and the Jeter glove comes to mind), clubhouse personnel and friends and acquaintances and business partners pilfer stuff or they are given it by the player and turn around and sell it. Also the market is full of fake stuff and most of the stuff you see on Ebay is not real.
    Just to add to the list- be careful of game issued gear sold as "game used". Alot of game issued bats turn into "hammered" bats then hit the market. MLB authenticated items are the way to go!

Banned

I agree with Shawn! Biggio and the Astros have released a lot of game issued bats through various auctions and promotions. There are a few key items to look for on Biggio bats - from extra customization to certain odor of pine tar. If anyone has any question about the authenticity of a Biggio bat, please let me know and I will help as much as I can.

Thanks,

Extra customization? Certain odor of pine? Could you explain more? That is true, there is a lot of fake stuff out there.

As a heads up, the Astros tend to wear the same jerseys through out the season. They tend to wear them till they fall apart. This means that there might only be 2 or 3 of a certain style jersey for a given player for the season. Hell there might only be one jersey for a player like the seldom used Grey road. The Stros don't tag their stuff so there is no way of telling set # and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHater View Post
    I'm gonna be at the game on Sat. We will see what goodies he has My wallet may not like me though
    So hows the wallet?

I was at the game tonight (Sat) and stopped by the Authentics booth. They had 2 racks of gamers that were all $50 off the ticket price. They had various seasons from the last year of the dome jerseys from 99 to I think 08. There were all different styles and some had patches. They had some 2001 with the flag patch on back and a few 06 cool base jerseys. I think they were priced $250 to $300 without the discount and had mostly all scrubs. Best players I saw were Julio Lugo and one Richard Hildago. Coaches jerseys were cheaper. They keep the better players separate from the scrub jerseys. They had two Roger Clemens for $800 each, a Mike Hampton 1999 BP for $125, some full 1965 throwback Uni sets. They still had some starters left. I saw Felipe Paulino who started the game and starting catcher Humberto Quintero. Also they still have the Phillies throwback they wore that game for sale. Not sure what players are left. They didn't have one out but listed Berkman gamer at $1,000. Also they had a base from the last regular season game in the Astrodome for $750. Prices are ok but IMO still too much for a bunch of scrubs. I picked up late 80's early 90's throwback they wore in 1999. I was the only one they had. Will post pics in pickup thread later.