Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Anybody's offer(s) get accepted by JO?

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    I think the opportunity to obtain more GU jerseys via JO sports via this program was a great idea and i thank GUU ad Chris for hooking it up. I called JO on friday and went thru each shirt was interested in and got all the info i needed to make what i felt was good offers ( although probably a bit low on one eeck!). JO gave me info on the wear, repairs and any other info i wanted on each shirt. I offered on one of the shirts 30% less than list price which was what they had that shirt on sale for a few months ago. lets see if it is accepted. i hope so as the shirt is from a backup player who has done little to distinguish himself although he may play more this season. I will keep everyone posted.

Again thanks Chris!!!

I read this post and shake my head. I do not collect football, I collect NY Yankees and we all know which company handles the Yankees GU. The thought of calling that company and getting any real and useful info on a game used bat, jersey or any item from them wouldn't even cross my mind. It would be a waste of time, and God forbid I should want a picture of the item I am paying a premium for. JO may indeed charge a premium, but from what I have read it seems to me they back it up with customer service.

Glad to be the first to say that my offer was accepted. Thanks to Chris for helping get these deals done and for helping to put some nice items into collections where they belong. Thanks also to JO for being open-minded enough to agree to a program like this that allows the collector the opportunity to help determine true value of an item of interest.

Hopefully, this isn't the last time we see this sort of interactivity as it seems to be mutually advantageous to both buyer and seller.

What jersey did you end up with?

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Thanks to Chris for helping get these deals done..

Thanks also to JO for being open-minded.
    I second the notes above. Thanks.

I will now be adding another jersey to my collection. Good luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeytigers View Post
    What jersey did you end up with?
    Nothing major. I went for the last Bears orange alt jersey that was left:
    the '07 Ricky Manning Jr..

Mine was accepted. A Rams Jersey of former Sooner Eric Bassey. Not a high dollar item but they gave me a great discount. I guess I should have tried to make a couple of more offers but I thought it was an easy way for us to throw an offer to a company for something we wanted other than haggle back and forth. It obviously was a good way for JO to clean out some inventory and for GUU members to add to our collections. A Win Win for everyone I think. Thanks again Chris.
    Dan

YES!!! My offer was accepted!!! I am so excited!!!

Hello everyone! This is actually my first post here on GUU. I've been hanging around the forums for months now and finally decided to join a month back. I don't actually own any game used jersey's as I really don't have a lot of spending money available... saving it all for my wedding. However, I can now say that I own a game used jersey! Hopefully the first of many!

Thank you so much Chris for helping setup this great opportunity for all of us here. And thank you JO Sports for being so reasonable and providing the best game used jerseys on the market!

Both my offers were accepted! i was fairly confident that my Tarrel Brown offer would be accepted as it was for 30% as the list price was 750$ so offered 525$. My screw up was that i thought the list price was 1000$ so that is where my 525$ offer came from as i had planned to offer a little more than half. Oh well. The other shirt was Manny Lawson which i managed to get right and offer exactly half which was also accepted! I am excited as these two shirts show the most use out of all the 49ers shirts.
    Thank you JO and Chris for the great chance to pick up some more GU beauties!

Quote Originally Posted by escaperoyals View Post
    Mine was accepted. A Rams Jersey of former Sooner Eric Bassey. Not a high dollar item but they gave me a great discount. I guess I should have tried to make a couple of more offers but I thought it was an easy way for us to throw an offer to a company for something we wanted other than haggle back and forth. It obviously was a good way for JO to clean out some inventory and for GUU members to add to our collections. A Win Win for everyone I think. Thanks again Chris.
    Dan
    Hello Dan and everyone who participated,

Thank you very much for your positive comments. When we spoke with JO Sports about the program, we were all hoping it would, indeed, be a win/win for everyone. We are glad to hear you agree.

With that said, I also want to extend my thanks to the guys at JO Sports for their desire to make this offer available to our members and accept offers that I personally wasn't sure would be acceptable. I believe they really went out of their way to help out those on GUU and I want to express my sincere gratitude.

Thanks again to everyone at JO Sports.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

My offer was accepted for a couple, most notably a Deuce McAllister jersey worn on MNF against the Titans in 07. I'm pretty pumped to have a gamer from the Saints all-time rushing leader, plus I was at this game in the dome. Only bummer is that he tore his acl in that game while wearing this jersey .