Great cleaning product to clean jerseys!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jayworld
    • Jun 2009

Great cleaning product to clean jerseys!

Believe it or not, the product "Dreft" that is used mostly to clean stains off of baby clothes works GREAT on vintage game jerseys. I recently won a 1978 vintage jersey that was horribly stained and dirty. I sprayed the Dreft on all the stains (including one that looked like an old multiple-washed ink stain) and let it sit for about an hour, then I washed the jersey by itself in a gentle, cold-wash cycle, and voila! All the stains were 99.9% gone.

Just thought I'd share. Will post pictures soon.

Thanks.
    Jay Shelton
    jaywshelton@gmail.com
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

Re: Great cleaning product to clean jerseys!

Thanks for the tip Jay.

Does it work on pine tar?

I have some of my own game pants and jerseys which have been thru the wash however pine tar does not come out.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• Jayworld
      • Jun 2009

David:
      I am not sure if it will work on grease or pine-tar stains. Worth a shot, though. A good product for grease stains, gum, etc. is Energine. It is sold in hardware stores, and pre-dates Goo-Gone and Goof-Off. It is more like mineral spirits, so you may wish to test on something else besides a jersey, etc. first just to see.

Hope that helps.
      Jay Shelton
      jaywshelton@gmail.com

Comment

• metsbats
        • Nov 2005

Thanks Jay.

I try to find some of that.

Regards
        metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

Working...