Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Detroit Game Used?

Check out these items.VINTAGE DETROIT TIGERS GAME USED CAP & BASEBALL GLOVE</IMG>

I was just curious to see what everyones thoughts were about these items- age of the items, game use, who Doc Stapleton is. Please share your thoughts.

Banned

Re: Detroit Game Used?

I'm not sure what type of connection "Doc" has to these items, although I may consider buying a trumpet or guitar from him!

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Clinton "Doc" Stapleton, Ph.D. leads the Encore Band as bandleader and manager while adding his special flavor to the total experience. Doc's saxophone riffs and solos brighten and color popular top 40, calypso, reggae, etc. tunes including instrumental renditions of tunes like "Always and Forever", "Ester" (Kenny G), "Hello" (Lionel Richie), and "Girl from Ipanema" and "Misty". Doc also fills in on rhythm guitar and keyboards to keep the chords sweet and full as the party grooves and ascends to a grand Encore!

I guess your google search did not help either. I wonder if Doc Stapleton actually owned the Auburn Astros. I wonder if a Detroit Tiger actually used these items in a game or if maybe Doc himself used these items in pee wee baseball when he was a kid ha ha!

Banned

Doc Stapleton was a businessman who he and 2 other gentlmen worked together to bring back and keep a Professional Organized baseball team to Auburn he was also closely affiliated with Pinckney and Nader owners of the Tigers Team - I beleive the Minor League affiliate Oneonta Tigers.

I believe the team they put together is now called the Auburn Doubledays.

Hope the helps you guys!!!

Thanks Suave. Well maybe this stuff was actually worn by a tiger. Anyone out there have an idea on the age of these items. Per the seller the glove and hat have no name or uniform numbers on it. I wish I was psychic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shawn
    Thanks Suave. Well maybe this stuff was actually worn by a tiger. Anyone out there have an idea on the age of these items. Per the seller the glove and hat have no name or uniform numbers on it. I wish I was psychic.
    ...and needless to say, it will be impossible to attribute them, ever to being used in a Major League Baseball game as there is no leads. I would post your question in the Vintage Memorabilia Discussion section as there are quite a few glove experts over there.

Thanks Trsent. Thats a good idea i am going to post in the vintage section for sure.

Banned

The info I found was posted a few years ago on the net. At that time I beleive it stated "Doc Stapleton" being about 81 years old hope this helps towards trying to determine a time frame.