Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Jayson Werth Blue Jays Jersey

I have a Jayson Werth Blue Jays GU jersey (road). It has a letter from the Jays. I later had it signed and am planning on having Spence authenticate, though I know the sig is good as I got it myself.

Just wanted some opinion on what it's worth as is. Haven't seen any for sale (other than this one) from either year (02/03) he was with the Jays.

Thanks for your time/comments!

Re: Jayson Werth Blue Jays Jersey

I've seen a couple for sale over the past few years. Likely in the 200 range I'd suspect.
    Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused

Quote Originally Posted by lindseyj View Post
    I have a Jayson Werth Blue Jays GU jersey (road). It has a letter from the Jays. I later had it signed and am planning on having Spence authenticate, though I know the sig is good as I got it myself.

Just wanted some opinion on what it's worth as is. Haven't seen any for sale (other than this one) from either year (02/03) he was with the Jays.

Thanks for your time/comments!
    Interested in selling? if so please let me know. Email is in my signature. Thank you.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

With Werth's popularity in Philadelphia, I would think the value would go well beyond $200

I would say at least $500. Werth is a popular and great ball player.

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, I figured with the way he has played the last couple of years and what he's doing now, that the jersey is a nice piece. Picked it up on ebay about 6 years ago.

Not looking to sell at this point (but you never know!) as I live about 30 minutes from his hometown and know some of his family, so I collect his stuff a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by lindseyj View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, I figured with the way he has played the last couple of years and what he's doing now, that the jersey is a nice piece. Picked it up on ebay about 6 years ago.

Not looking to sell at this point (but you never know!) as I live about 30 minutes from his hometown and know some of his family, so I collect his stuff a bit.
    His step-dad is Dennis Werth, who was a catcher with the Yankees for awhile....I also believe he is related to the Schofield family as well....

Yes, Dennis' wife (Jayson's mom) is the daughter of Dick Schofield, Sr. She was a track star in high school and owned some Illinois state records before Jackie Joyner Kersee (SP?) came along...

Would you be willing to send me some pics of your jersey if possible? I would love to see it. I never saw one for sale. I am a big fan, been buying his game used items for a couple of years now.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !