Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Red Sox Experts Manny Ramirez 2004 away jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan808 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Manny-Ramirez-20...item35a99a0b8f

Changed your mind again?? Is there any concrete proof of this jersey being game used?? You bought it for $55 question its authenticity on this site and then list it as game used to sell it at a huge profit? Don't you think that any potential buyers deserves to know that there is no proof whatsoever that this jersey was worn in an actual game? That it is more likely to be a team issued jersey than it is a game used? Unless you have this photomatched it is deceptive to list it as game used IMO.
    Are you saying that anything listed as "game used" is misleading as long as there isn't a photomatch?

DC, assuming there's nothing screwy with the shirt, it'd be graded a 5 by MEARS, no?

Good for you on this find. Hopefully it's a legit jersey. And good for you if you can make a "huge profit" off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan808 View Post
    Unless you have this photomatched it is deceptive to list it as game used IMO.
    Oops. You're talking the Manny shirt. Missed the "this" in your statement.

Either way, unless it's been tampered with, and it's proven to be identical to other '04 road Sox gamers, calling it game used isn't a crime, imo. (How does anyone know if anything's authentic unless it's photomatched?)

Photomatching a Manny shirt from this time frame has to be one of the hardest things to do anyway.

If I was DC, I'd be more worried if the jersey had that bizarre year tag.

Quote Originally Posted by skipcarayislegend View Post

Either way, unless it's been tampered with, and it's proven to be identical to other '04 road Sox gamers, calling it game used isn't a crime, imo.
    So if I bought a team issued jersey and sold it as game used that is OK because it is identical to other gamers of that player and that year??

All I am saying is that he questioned the legitimacy of the jersey being game used on this site and while there is a possibility that it is, to sell it as if he was 100% sure that it was game used is deceptive. There was no definitive proof given to him on this site that the jersey was game used & the he has not provided any photomatch to that effect or had the jersey examined by a professional to that effect. Mears A5 is a $200 opinion that it is at the very least game issued even if he had that it would still not be proof of use in an actual game. What proof can he provide to a potential buyer that it is game used? If he can not then he should not list it as game used. The buyer should be made aware that there is no proof of it being game used other than his word & that there is more evidence to suggest that it is just a game issued jersey than a game used jersey.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Always looking for any Edgardo Alfonzo game used stuff!
    cfiguer5@yahoo.com

Like the David Wright game issued I sold you that you had the patch added and the Bob Murphy embroidery and and the Ya Gotta Believe Tug you had added at stitches then sold it on ebay as a team issued David Wright rookie..Or the gamer you stripped and turned into a Gooden then sold it as a 93 Gooden issued or the 9-11 Alfonzo that you bought as a blank and had customized at Stitches and sold it as a team issued Alfonzo from 01. You did all this without mentioning this in your auctions. I bought the jersey for $55 and posted it on this board and the only negative feedback I have received is from someone that mislead potential buyers himself. You are gonna question me on ethics that is a joke. I have exchanged emails with several Red Sox collectors who feel comfotable with the jersey tagging matches up jersey has light use with some threads along the nameplate area loosened. As I was told Ramirez switched his jerseys all the time sometimes more than once during a game. Any potential buyer of the jersey will be directed to this thread if no one buys it good for me. I wonder what you would do if you were the one that bought it..
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by dcrules01 View Post
    Like the David Wright game issued I sold you that you had the patch added and the Bob Murphy embroidery and and the Ya Gotta Believe Tug you had added at stitches then sold it on ebay as a team issued David Wright rookie..Or the gamer you stripped and turned into a Gooden then sold it as a 93 Gooden issued or the 9-11 Alfonzo that you bought as a blank and had customized at Stitches and sold it as a team issued Alfonzo from 01. You did all this without mentioning this in your auctions. I bought the jersey for $55 and posted it on this board and the only negative feedback I have received is from someone that mislead potential buyers himself. You are gonna question me on ethics that is a joke. I have exchanged emails with several Red Sox collectors who feel comfotable with the jersey tagging matches up jersey has light use with some threads along the nameplate area loosened. As I was told Ramirez switched his jerseys all the time sometimes more than once during a game. Any potential buyer of the jersey will be directed to this thread if no one buys it good for me. I wonder what you would do if you were the one that bought it..
    I have never passed off a jersey as game used while questioning its authenticity. I sold team issued jerseys and listed them as team issued jerseys. If I can not prove that something is game used I would never try to pass it off as game used.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Always looking for any Edgardo Alfonzo game used stuff!
    cfiguer5@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by dcrules01 View Post
    Good points. Totally forgot about all that. Here's the thread:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...Alfonzo+gooden

DC didn't alter the Manny shirt and Sox collectors seem to agree that there are no immediate red flags. If DC knew with absolute certainty that Ramirez never touched the jersey, then there's no reason to call it g/u. Otherwise I see no harm here. If the thing had sold for $500, I doubt we'd be talking about it.