Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Any Alex Gordon experts?

Hmm, based on the pics that's a tough call. I'm guessing its a legit bat ordered by Alex and probably used by Alex. In my experience the Royals have been very liberal with the terms "GAME USED", it is understandably tough to keep track of the hundreds of bats they see throughout the year and tough to know which ones were broken or used where. Nonetheless, I take their "Game Used" label with a grain of doubt (I saw them claiming a Negro Leagues used jersey/hat were worn by Butler "it has his #16 on it", but the style was worn Billy rookie season when he wore #21).

Its possible this was used by Gordon in a game, but I'd be hesitant to say it definitely was because the use isn't quite characteristic. But that doesn't mean its not game used by Alex.

It looks like in a couple of the pictures that there was possibly tape on the bat that has been removed, you might be able to tell better in person. If it is tape residue its possibly a sign that the bat was used primarily for BP as many players tape the center or barrel of their BP bats.

Quote Originally Posted by TJB1409 View Post
    I'm pretty upset because I bought the bat from the Royals team store at the stadium. They call their bats game used in the store and I am brand new to the website. I see that Alex Gordon has used a black bat this year in games, but I can't find a good picture to see what model he uses. I knew the bat didn't show much use, but it is cracked. Sorry for all pictures I couldn't get a good picture of the whole bat. If you want to see another part of it let me know. I really appreciate all the help guys I just started collecting game used bats. I have a Mark Teahen and a Jose Guillen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Re: Any Alex Gordon experts?

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    It looks like in a couple of the pictures that there was possibly tape on the bat that has been removed, you might be able to tell better in person. If it is tape residue its possibly a sign that the bat was used primarily for BP as many players tape the center or barrel of their BP bats.
    oops posted early.

If it is just a really straight edge on the pine tar, its possible the bat was used in a game and broken quickly.

Either way, it looks like a pretty nice bat, I'm just a little stumped by the lack of # on the ends and the date of manufacture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell